Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thankfulness

Today I am thankful for....


*No lesson plans this week. It's EOG's and at least that's one good thing about them!


*Mark made our dinner tonight! (I know....be jealous!) He made taco soup and he did a great job. He is a good cook! Who knew??


*While Mark was making dinner, I got to take a bath and read. Wow. When was the last time that happened on a weekday? It was wonderful!(This picture really does remind me of me with Rocky lying right by the tub...which he loves to do! haha)


*It is a cold, rainy spring day today, but that is fine with me. I know the sun will come back and it's actually kind of cozy.


*I got all my errands run this afternoon and got to mark a whole lot of things off my to-do list. I love doing that!


*I am soooo happy that summer is just around the corner. 17 days, people! Yippeeee!



"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. "
-- Melody Beattie

7 comments:

DaisyGirl said...

Taco soup is always good!! Especially on a cozy day!

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

Must be nice...I can just see my hubby fixing supper while I'm in the bath relaxing...that would never happen! lol...

~Beth

Lana said...

That taco soup looks delicious!! I was also glad when we had our PASS tests that I didn't have to do lesson plans!!

Holly said...

Nothing better than cozy rainy days and a bowl of soup- well maybe there is checking things off your to do list is one of my favorites! :)

Meagan said...

We are counting down to Summer here for sure!!!! Only 5 days and 2 hours left with kids! Yippee!!!

Jacquie said...

How nice that Mark treated you to a relaxing evening! I know you're looking forward to summer!

Christal said...

THis post just made me feel all warm and cozy! I love days like these! Although my husband doesn't cook he does the bbq and makes some good scrambled eggs ha ha! Here's to summer!