Friday, May 13, 2011

May Madness

I think May and December are the two busiest months of the year. I am always running around like a chicken with my head cut off in December and then it always happens again in May. I think since I am a teacher, I have an extra dose of business during May.

Over the past few weeks I have been trying to get my students ready for end-of-grade testing which is next week. We have been working very hard at school, plus I have been tutoring them after school two days a week. It has also been a very busy month of family events with lots of birthdays and Mother's Day. All my kids came home last week from school so our house is buzzing again with people coming and going and more activity. Plus we have lots of church activities that we are involved in, so you get the picture.

Laura and Lindy have been really sweet and helpful while they have been home. Since I have been so busy at school, they have cooked dinner for us several nights. One night they made some delicious grilled chicken with roasted asparagus and baked potatoes. I am glad they love to cook!


They even set the table with the new placemats they gave me for Mother's Day...


And yesterday when I got home from work, they had cleaned the whole house, vacuumed, and done all the laundry! I've always said I needed a wife and this week I've had two of them! haha

To be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to the end of this week. I have to admit I am a little stressed out and tired right now with so much going on. We have had two nights this week with really bad thunderstorms during the middle of the night and Rocky goes CRAZY when it storms with barking and whining and shaking. We tried to give him a sedative, but it didn't really work too well so he kept us up both nights. I was exhausted, but I did make it! And now we are down to 19 days left of school, so I keep telling myself I can do it.

Please pray for my class next week as they are taking these tests. They have worked so hard and so have I, but many of them don't speak English very well, so this is going to be hard for them.

Tonight we went out to dinner to celebrate Ashley and Mark's birthday. Mark's birthday was back in March, but Steve's dad passed away right after his birthday, so we never got to celebrate. So tonight we went out to Kabuto's Japanese Steakhouse and took the whole family.


John's parents kept David so Ashley and John could have a relaxing night out!


Mark brought his girlfriend, Kate, that he met in Spain...




It was a fun night.

Laura and Lindy are going back to school on Sunday for a "May-mester". When they get back home in June, I will be done with school, so I am looking forward to hanging out with them more then!

2 comments:

Jilly said...

This may sound strange, but Mark's girlfriend could pass as his sister.

Meagan said...

I just love your little family and all of the fun things y'all do together! Your girls sure are taking care of you, and it sounds like you need it!! :-) Don't work too hard, it'll all be over soon! Keep your eye on the prize.... SUMMER! :-) Love you!