Wednesday, April 27, 2011

SPriNg BrEAk 2011

The past two weeks have been so much fun, but so busy, too. Now I am extremely behind in my blogging. Between Spring Break and Easter, we have had lots going on. I think I'm just going to do Spring Break today and try to catch up on Easter this week sometime.

Steve and I went to Clearwater Beach, Florida for my Spring Break. That is where we did a whole lot of nothing! Steve had to work a little, but I was free every day all day long to sit by the pool or at the beach and read and order fruity little drinks and take naps and lie in the sun. Then at night we went out to dinner and walked on the beach or got ice cream or watched TV or whatever we wanted to do. THAT is my kind of vacation. It was perfect timing, too, since April has been a very stressful month for us. I am so glad we were able to do that.

Here are a few pictures of all the fun we had....

We spent one whole day on the beach and it was so nice!


The day we got there, we went to lunch right by the water. I got fish tacos and we shared some she-crab soup! YUMMMM! I took this picture while we were sitting there enjoying the beautiful sunshine.


Lunch at the pool one day...


One thing I loved about Clearwater Beach is that the sun sets over the ocean. We went out and watched it every night we were there! So pretty. Everyone stands there watching the sun till it goes out of sight and then they all clap. It's like a show!


This is a typical Florida picture. Lots of boats and fishing!


One of the things I love about Florida is all the beautiful flowers and trees. This hybiscus flower was so pretty. And, have you ever seen a jacaronda tree? They are purple and gorgeous and they were everywhere!


Aaaaahhhhhh....I need to look at this and give myself hope that I only have 33 days of school left! haha


Glad I have such a sweet husband!


A beautiful Florida sunset...


So...that pretty much wraps it up. There are lots more pictures, but that could get really long. One night we went into St. Petersburg and had dinner at this delicious steak and seafood restaurant. We ate outside and walked all around the Bay area looking at boats and the water. But all my pictures turned out blurry because it was getting kind of dark.

Anyway...Spring Break was wonderful. It was hard to come back to reality! :)

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

Looks like heaven to me!! Hope the end of the school year flies by for you!

Faith said...

Beautiful! I couldn't think of a more perfect way to spend Spring Break. So glad you had a nice getaway!