Sunday, April 17, 2011

Let's Get Trivial

I made it to SPRING BREAK!!! And my first two days of Spring Break have been so great. I haven't really done much of anything, but just sleeping in and being lazy have been perfect so far! Hey, I am easy to please!

Since I haven't had tons of school stuff to do, I have had a little time to actually catch up on all the celebrity gossip and events going on in the world. We could be on the brink of nuclear war most days and I would have no idea since I am head down in school stuff!

Anyway, I was at the grocery store yesterday and I saw the new People magazine. I am a huge People magazine reader, but I resisted getting it because I know I will want something fun to read on the plane on our way to sunny Florida tomorrow. So I will get it then. But I did see the cover with Jennifer Lopez on it.


She was voted as the most beautiful woman in the world this year. I personally have to agree! Every time I see her on American Idol, I just think she is so pretty. Her hair, her skin...flawless!

I asked Steve if he agreed with that and he said definitely yes! We were trying think of anyone else we would consider really pretty and we both agreed on Carrie Underwood.


I think she has such a natural beauty. Plus she is sweet and I like that!

And speaking of natural beauty, I have to put Kate Middleton in that category!


I remember when I was in high school and Prince Charles and Princess Diana got married. I got up at 5:00 in the morning to watch it. Princess Diana was so shy and he seemed so much older than her. But I think Kate Middleton and Prince William are perfect for each other. And she is way prettier that Princess Diana was (in my opinion!) I can't wait for this royal wedding. They are so much fun to watch!

Back to American Idol....who are you pulling for? I think Pia was the best of anyone and I can't believe she got voted off!! What on earth??


But I guess I would pick Casey next. I think he is really diverse and obviously has lots of talent.


And even though I am totally NOT into heavy metal, there is something about James that I like, too.


I know some people think he is an Adam Lambert wanna-be and that may be true, but I still kind of like his edginess.

And, then, my last choice would be Jacob. I like his Luther Vandross vibe.


One of the things that I love to do at the beach is read! So in addition to that People magazine I am planning on getting at the airport, another magazine I want to read is this one...


Steve and I are both nerds and like keeping up with news and politics. So we are taking this one with us. I really like Rob Bell and I am interested to find out what he has to say about hell. I may change my view of him. Have you read anything about that controversy?

I also got this book to take with me, too.


I love biographies and this one is mostly about Ashley Judd's humanitarian work around the world. It looked interesting to me. I am always impressed with people who devote their lives to serving others.

And finally, Steve and I both want to read this book...


Have you read it? Since Steve's dad passed away, we have both been talking alot about heaven and wondering what his dad is up to and what heaven will be like. This is supposed to be the best book to answer those kinds of questions, so we are both interested in reading it.

Before we left, we had to get a big dose of our sweet boy. Ashley and John went out on a date last night so we kept David for them.


He was a little angel all night long and probably got sick of me kissing him half to death.


He has already brought so much joy to us.


He is so precious! Here he is at church this morning...


Being a Nana is going to be so much fun.

8 comments:

Cherit said...

David is adorable. I hope you have a wonderful spring break. We are on the last five weeks of our school year here in Arizona. Can't wait for summer!

Lana said...

I absolutely LOVE David's church outfit...that is beyond precious!

Stacey said...

What a cutie! I really would like to read Ashley Judd's book. Let us know how it was.

Liz said...

I found your blog through Kelly's Korner and have been reading it now for a couple of years. My mom passed away about a week before Steve's father did, and like you all, I have since purchased Randy Alcorn's book, Heaven. It has brought me much comfort and pray it will for y'all, as well!
I hope your trip to Florida is filled with lots of rest and relaxation. Liz in Black Mountain, NC

Debra said...

What a sweet baby! Have a great time in Fl.

I was upset that Pia left Idol but Paul was my fave so I am upset again this week! I also like Jacob - hope he stays around for a while. :)

Jacquie said...

I always enjoy catching up with you, Betsy. It's like I'm sitting in your living room talking to you. I totally agree about J-Lo AND Carrie Underwood. I watched Prince Charles and Lady Di get married too - still have it on a VCR tape! Ha!

David is getting so big so fast. Time is just flying by us all so fast.

I hope you enjoy your trip to Florida.

Jacquie said...

PS - I also happen to think Ashley Judd is BEAUTIFUL! Don't you?

Meagan said...

David is the cutest little thing! I just commented to Ashley that I think every picture she posts of him is cuter than the last - he is adorable! :-) I, like you, stay so wrapped up in school stuff that I rarely see the news or know whats going on, but I am REALLY trying to get better about that! :-) I hope you enjoy every single second of the break! LOVE and HUGS to you and Steve!!