Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter 2011

It's been another busy week at the Maddox house. Steve's been traveling and I've been up to my neck in school work and tutoring. Guess what though?? Only 29 days left till school is out and then my life is going to change dramatically! Woo hoo! I think I can...I think I can!

I am so behind, but I wanted to share a little bit of our Easter with you. (Nothing like updates a week late!) haha I think Easter might be my second favorite holiday after Christmas. I love what it stands for and all the spring clothes and the way the world is full of flowers and sunshine! I love going to church and dying eggs and eating lunch outside and singing beautiful hymns and songs and getting together with family. It's just a great time of year to me.

Saturday night we had Steve's family over since all his brothers and sisters were in town. They ate dinner with us and we just hung out on the porch and played ping pong and dyed eggs. My kids still have fun doing that even though they are in college! :)












I love having my kids home. It was a fun night.

This year I sang in the choir on Easter Sunday for the first time in a long time and I really enjoyed that. Then I came down and sat with our family. It was so sweet to have David with us to celebrate his first Easter. He looked so adorable!


And we were sad that Steve's dad wasn't with us this year. It is still hard to believe he is gone. But I was thinking the whole time we were at church that Easter is the reason we have hope that we will see him again one day!

After church, we all went over to Steve's mom's house. We have a really big family. My whole side of the family (minus one of my brothers) came over too. We had all kinds of good food....ham, potato casserole, deviled eggs, seven layer salad, asparagus casserole, pig-pickin' cake and a whole lot more. We definitely know how to make a spread!

She had set up a big canopy in the backyard so we got to eat outside and enjoy the beautiful day. The whole week before had been rainy and humid and yucky, but Easter was gorgeous!

We also had our annual Easter egg hunt, of course! Mark and Bailey are holding up number one signs because they were the champs! :)


And my birthday was Monday, so we celebrated that, too!

Here are few pictures of our day...










My kids had fun hanging out together...




Family fun...


Easter 2011 was just about perfect. I am thankful that Jesus rose from the grave and that He lives. And I am thankful for a sweet family!

5 comments:

michelle ellis said...

What a wonderful Easter! It must have been so very special to have so much family all there together!

Lana said...

I'm so glad you had a good Easter! David is just TOO cute and Ashley doesn't even look like she's had a baby! I'm a little jealous! :)

Alex and Jill said...

I love that your kiddos still color eggs! I hope to start doing that with Amelia next year!

Love all of the pics...especially the family one. :)

Jacquie said...

Pig-pickin cake?????

(Ashley looks amazing!)

Christal said...

what a fun easter! I love your dress !! Beautiful! Everybody looks like they had so much fun! It never gets old does it!