Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March Is Here!

It is March!! Are you as happy about that as I am?? Finally winter is almost over and spring is on it's way.

These past few days have been so nice. I have loved being off of school and spending time with Ashley and David. I could just hold him and kiss his little sweet cheeks all day. He is so soft and he smells so good! Precious.

Today Ashley brought him over to do a little suntanning. My house gets so much sunlight in the morning and he is still a tiny bit jaundiced, so he needed to sit in the light for a while. He looked so adorable, I had to take his picture! He's still "fuzzy" all over and I love that!





We took him out to Chick Fil A for lunch. We sat far away from everyone and didn't stay too long. It was fun getting out just for a little while. David slept through the whole time.


By the way, have you seen these yet?


Ashley and I tried one today. I thought it was pretty sweet, but Ashley loved it!

Ashley is doing so good. I stayed with her most of the morning, but she really has it all together. When I left this afternoon to come home and cook them some dinner, she was cleaning and vacuuming! She was made to be a mommy! :)

When I got home, it was such a gorgeous day, I decided to get out and walk. I love how all the trees and flowers are starting to bloom. The forsythia and daffodils are always the early bloomers




But the pear and cherry trees are out too!




Everything was so pretty. Yay for spring!

This morning while Ashley was here, I went into my attic and found a box full of old baby quilts and blankets. I got them all out and washed them. I am so glad I kept them. They are perfect for spreading out on the floor and laying the baby down to sleep or play!


Besides spending time with Ashley and the baby, it has been wonderful being able to relax at night and watch movies or read or do whatever I wanted to do and know I didn't have to get up at 5:00! I am not looking forward to getting up early again tomorrow. Thankfully this will only be a 2-day week for me. I can do it!!

I wanted to share this video with you. Lindy made it right after David was born and it is the sweetest thing. It has lots of pictures and some live video, too. I thought she did a really good job of capturing the emotion that was in the room that day. She was also smart enough to turn on her Flip when my dad was praying and blessing sweet little David, so his whole prayer is recorded on here too! It makes me teary eyed when I watch it!

23 comments:

Jason, Betsy, Jackson said...

PRECIOUS!

Jeremy, Holly, and Haven said...

we're crying! i just had our 2nd baby girl on thursday. that was the sweetest video ever!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Your week sounds like the PERFECT week to me. David is precious! I LOVE that Lindy got your dad on video saying the prayer. That is the SWEETEST thing ever. LOVE LOVE LOVE the video!

Taylor said...

That is the sweetest prayer!!

Lana said...

Oh my goodness, Betsy! I just cried watching that video! David is absolutely precious! I remember all of those feelings of being so proud of your baby in the hospital and being filled with so much joy! What a special time!

Michele said...

Tears!!! Precious, precious video! Congratulations!

Alex and Jill said...

Oh Betsy....I'm sitting here bawling like a baby after watching that precious video. LOVE that she was able to get the prayer at the end....David will cherish this video as he gets older. What a blessed little boy. Just love your family!

Heather said...

Love you. I love the old blankets that my mom kept for me, they are perfect for rolling around on and playing on!! He looks so sweet nekked and fuzzy!! Yay for getting out to Chick fil a!!! You are a great mom and nana!!!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Precious video...even more precious memories. I love that Lindy included the prayer at the end. :)

Heather said...

And that video, bless it!!! It's too much!! What a sweet, sweet prayer at the end!!! Love y'all!!

Christal said...

Beautiful! Spring, the video, David, the beautiful prayer all of it!!

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

What an awesome video! Touched me greatly, especially hearing your dad praying for him!!

Congratulations and Blessings to you all!

~Beth

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness!! What a precious video! It sounds & looks like sweet David has quite a heritage of faith! What a special family to be born into.

Faith said...

That video is beyond precious! Made me cry. So happy for y'all!

Becky said...

One of the sweetest videos I have ever seen!!! And having three grandsons, that song ripped my heart completely out of my chest!

Jacquie said...

You are surrounded by newness of life and God's goodness!!

Lindy is SO talented... she did such a great job of putting the video together both visually and with such great feeling!! Your father's prayer is simply precious (reminds me so much of how Bro. Steve prays) and it made me cry (like it did everyone else).

It's obvious the love your family has for one another and David just adds so much more love and joy to your hearts!

Deidre said...

My word, that video is awesome. I love that she included that special prayer ... brought me to tears! Congratulations! Your family is precious.

Vonda said...

What a precious blessing to your family! Your dad's prayer was so sweet. I am teary eyed too! Thanks for sharing.

Mom2One said...

What a beautiful prayer and precious memories that were captured. I cried. David is such a blessed little boy. I love your blog! You have a gorgeous family!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Simply......precious!!!

Your family is truly BLESSED beyond measure!!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Mentioned you on my blog post today.

Megan said...

THAT VIDEO!!!!! What are you trying to do to me?!?! That is so awesome that y'all have that!

Jessica said...

What beautiful trees! I love when things bud and bloom- so gorgeous! Thank you for your encouraging words. They mean so much to me and I certainly covet any and all prayers for our family with all the changes heading our way.
Have a blessed week! Take care!