Saturday, March 19, 2011

Looking Forward

Well, last week right after all the fun of a wonderful Saturday, I came down with the crud! I started running a fever and felt AWFUL all day Sunday. I even stayed home sick from school on Monday, which I never do! Tuesday I went back, but it has been a rough week. I have lost my voice and have been hacking up a lung. I am wondering if maybe I have a sinus infection or something?? Who knows! Maybe I have allergies?

Anyway...in other news...spring is finally here and I have lots of things I am looking forward to.

1-Warm Weather
It has been absolutely gorgeous here for the past few days. When I got in my car after school yesterday, the car thermometer said 88 degrees! Steve has been working out in our yard and it is looking really good. The grass is getting green and little flowers are blooming. Our bulbs are starting to come up. Today we are getting our porch all cleaned up so we can get back outside and enjoy it. We spend alot of time outside in the spring and lots of time on our porch. We are always grilling out and eating outside or having people over to hang out. I am hoping we can also plant some spring flowers before too long. I'm ready to change up my pansies for some summery stuff!


Steve and I were just saying this morning that warm weather is like a drug! It is such a mood booster!

2-Baby Love
Ashley brought David over yesterday afternoon for a little while. She had him dressed in the cutest little plaid overalls.


I wanted to just give him tons of kisses and love on him, but I tried not to since I don't want him to get what I have (even though I don't think I am contagious at all!)

Ashley is loving being a mommy and she is so good at it!


Easter is going to be even more fun this year since we have a baby around! When my kids were little, I went all out on Easter dressing them in all matching outfits. It was so much fun. I am looking forward to seeing David all dressed up in something precious like this...


Ashley and I were "ooo-ing"and "aaahhhh-ing" the other night over all the Easter cuteness out there for babies! I love it.

3-Spring Break
Can I make it? Spring break is so late this year because Easter is so late. But I think we are going to go to Florida for the week. Steve has business down there and I can just go and hang out by the pool or at the beach all day while he is working. Then at night we can go out and do fun things. Maybe I can take some of the books I have been wanting to read and get caught up! That is my idea of a good time. :)



4-Water For Elephants
I read this book and LOVED it, so I am really looking forward to seeing it. I think Reese Witherspoon is going to do a great job in her role and it will be interesting to see how the book translates to a movie. I think it comes out in April sometime?



So...those are a few of the things I'm excited about lately. Do you have anything fun coming up this spring??

5 comments:

DaisyGirl said...

I came across you blog awhile back and have really enjoyed it. I am in total agreement--reading equates to a good time! Whenever we go to the beach, I can't wait to get there and start reading!! Have fun!

Love Being A Nonny said...

First of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the little Easter outfit you showed!!! Precious! I have become crazy over children's clothes since the grands started coming...it's a new-found passion!

It is gorgeous here today so I hope you are feeling good enough to get that porch cleaned off! Nothing like being outdoors in this weather!

And of course, David is beautiful!

Have a great week! Hope you continue to feel better!

Leigh Ann said...

Welcome back. So sorry you've been sick We aren't sending out save the dates, but please put July 16 on your calendar for the wedding if you haven't already made vacation plans. Hope to see you soon!

Much love!

Stacey said...

That crud has been going around my house, too.

I would love to have your weather, but it is cold and rainy outside today.

Your grandson is adorable! We have a new baby in our family, too, and she is just precious!

Your spring break sounds fabulous! Our spring break ends Monday. Boo!

You are so right, the warmer weather definitely is a mood booster! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

petrii said...

Oh my, that David is such a cutie pie!!! You must be LOVIN' being a Grandma. It is just the Best!!

I am SO ready for spring. I'm ready to start planting my garden.

Have a fun in Florida ~~ how fun!!

Have a Blessed Lord's Day ~~ hope you are feeling better,
Dawn