Saturday, March 12, 2011

Back To Reality

Well, unfortunately I had to go back to reality after getting to play Nana for a few days. I have missed this sweet boy! I got to see him this morning and just about kissed him to death!


I have been super busy since I went back. We are getting ready to gear up for the EOG's (End-Of-Grade tests) which are coming in May. It is starting to feel like "crunch" time trying to make sure my students are as prepared as they can be to take that important test.

Laura, Lindy, and Mark were all on Spring Break this past week. Mark went to Florida with some friends and Laura and Lindy went to Charleston. They all got to be home a little bit too so I was glad about that. Last night I took them out to dinner at Cajun Yard Dog while Steve took his "Little Brother" Nicholas to a Charlotte Bobcats game.

I have been so tired this week. Even on a Friday night, I came home and got straight in bed and I think I was asleep by 9:00! I am NOT looking forward to springing forward tonight. I was really enjoying it finally being light outside in the mornings on my way to work. Now it is going to be dark again. That makes me sad. Plus getting up at 5:00 am is already ridiculously hard for me. How on earth can I get up an hour EARLIER??! Uuuggghh....I am dreading it!

Anyway...this morning we went over to Steve's parents' house for a big breakfast with eggs, bacon, biscuits, and grits. It was delicious. I hardly ever fix a big breakfast anymore! Steve's sister was in town and she wanted to see David.


Plus Laura and Lindy and Mark wanted to see Steve's dad while they were here.


He is doing okay. He started his chemo and radiation last week and it does not make him feel very good. He is doing as well as he could be expected to at this point I think.

The rest of the day was spent running errands and getting everyone ready to head back to school. Mark and Lindy left today and Laura is leaving tomorrow. I cleaned bathrooms and vacuumed and grocery shopped. I also tried to keep an eye on the news. I am so sad about the earthquake/tsunami in Japan. That is such a tragedy. I have been praying for those people ever since I heard about it yesterday morning. I hope they don't have a nuclear meltdown now!!

I did get to go outside for a little while, too, and go on a walk with Steve. I am so happy that spring is just about here to stay. It is one of my favorite times of year! Hope you are having a good weekend!

6 comments:

Jacquie said...

I know David must be all you can think about these days!!!

The situation in Japan has me heavy-hearted. Such a sad situation.

Hope you have a great Sunday and week back at work.

Love Being A Nonny said...

David is adorable...I know you know that, but, oh my goodness! Don't you just LIVE for the days you get to see him???? Summer will be here before you know it and hopefully your visits with him will increase!

Mom Can I? said...

your grandson is beautiful!! count down is on for everyone with EOG's- crazy time! good luck!!!

Lana said...

I am happy it is spring, too! We enjoyed some time at the park today!

David is just THE cutest thing ever! I know you are enjoying him so much!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Hey friend~
I SO love the pictures of your precious grandson!!

I'll be praying for you as you head into this new week after being off. I know how tough that can be.

Have a BLESSED week.

Alex and Jill said...

David is so cute...every picture makes me wish I could hold that sweet baby!

I'm praying for your F-I-L. I know it has to be hard seeing him go through this.

Love you friend!