Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Week Gone By

Yep....another week has gone by and no blogging time till today! So...since I want to remember everything I did this past week, we are doing a review post today!

*Valentine's Day


This is always a fun day at school. My class was so excited for our party. I brought a few snacks, and they brought some too.


They decorated bags and exchanged Valentine's cards.


I put on music and they just had fun hanging out and reading their cards and talking. They were so sweet. One little boy brought me this rose...


and another little boy's mom made me a homemade cheesecake that was delicious!


Steve got me these beautiful roses...


AND left me a pack of pretzel m&m's in my car. True love, right??

*Still Waiting

It was another week of waiting on Ashley's baby to get here.


She didn't work this week and came over several times to go walking in our neighborhood. She also walked the mall and tried to do everything she could think of to get something going, but nothing has worked yet! She is due on Wednesday, so maybe this week!

*Working


Lots of hours working!

*Family Dinners

Two of Steve's sisters were in town Friday night, so we went to dinner at Mario's (a little Italian restaurant near our house). It was fun catching up with them and spending some time laughing and enjoying being together. Last night was my aunt's birthday, so we went to dinner with my family to Carraba's. I wish I had taken pictures, but I didn't. We had a good time though!

*Enjoying the BEAUTIFUL weather!!!

We have been having a little taste of spring here for the past few days and it has been amazing! Steve and I went for a walk yesterday and also got to spend some time on our porch. I wish the warm weather was here to stay, but I know it will get cold again. I hope the flowers and trees don't start budding only to have it freeze again and kill them.


I am so ready for spring!

*Choir Retreat


Yesterday was a choir retreat at our church. We started working on our Easter music and some songs for a choir presentation in June. We also played a few games like trying to balance dice on a tongue depresser that you are holding in your mouth while trying to pass them back and forth, etc. (Kind of like games on A Minute To Win It!) Here are my friends Sandi and Faith who were representing the alto section!


I am having lots of fun being in the choir!

So...that brings us back around to today. I have a feeling this next week might be a pretty exciting one at our house. Hope you have a good one, too!

5 comments:

Lana said...

You have got to keep us updated about Ashley's baby! I check Facebook and your blog often! :)

Kristin said...

I just love your blog! I know Ashley must be eager for her little one to arrive...those last few weeks are SOOOO long! :) Can't wait to hear that the baby has arrived!

The Garners said...

Excited for your family as you wait for Ashley's baby to arrive! Have a WONDERFUL week!

Jacquie said...

Praying for Ashley, Betsy. You're life is fixin' to change!!

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

Sounds like you had a great week..but I know this week is probably going to top that one!!

Hope all goes well with Ashley and baby!!

Blessings!

~Beth