Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

Did you get snow where you are? We woke up to about 3 inches of snow this morning and it just kept coming. It didn't stop until around 1:00 pm or later. I think since I teach school, I get just as excited about snow days as the kids do! It is fun to have an unexpected day off. Our school district didn't call off school until 4:30 this morning, though, so I had to wake up early to get the official word. But once I found out that we weren't going, I just went right back to sleep and it was so great.

We had a pretty quiet day. Steve worked from home all day and I was just lazy. I took a video of the snow coming down this morning. It may be hard to see, but the snowflakes were so pretty!



I also went for a walk around the neighborhood and took some pictures...














This afternoon I took a little nap and Rocky came and laid right beside me. Did I tell you that everytime I hear Sugarland's song "Stuck Like Glue" it reminds me of him? That is our theme song. Haha! He LOVES to be warm so whenever I am sitting on the couch or lying down, he has to come snuggle with me. It is cute.


We found out tonight that there is no school again tomorrow! So that means we can stay up late and watch the Auburn vs. Oregon game. I am pulling for Auburn just because they are in the SEC. I made us some hot chocolate and we are having a cozy night in!

8 comments:

Alex and Jill said...

I love your new blog look. And Betsy, you are so pretty. That pic of you and your puppy - so cute...hilarious that song reminds you of him!

Enjoy your days off!

Jacquie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacquie said...

Those pictures are beautiful!! So Americana!!

Izzy is exactly the same with me as Rocky is with you. Have a nice, quiet day at home tomorrow!

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

Love the pics....love the cute little flag too!

Glad you had an enjoyable day...I still had to work and it was quite treacherous trying to drive in, too!

Enjoy your day off today!

~Beth

Lana said...

It is nice to have unexpected days off, isn't it? I'm just wondering when we'll have to make it up! Your snow pictures are beautiful!

Meagan said...

Fun, fun, fun! We got snow too! We got about 6 inches - I don't remember the last time we got that much snow! SO fun! We're supposed to get another inch or so today! 2 snow days in... I'm hoping for a couple more! :-) I could get used to this stying home thing! lol

Vonda said...

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day off!

MAMom said...

Besty, I've been reading your blog for a while but i don't think I ever commented before. I had to laugh at school being called off for the amount of snow you have. Of course, being in MA, thats just a dusting for us-lol!
And it was so nice to hear your lovely voice on your vidie. I juts love souther accents.

Have a great mini snow vaca!!

~~Tracy