Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How I Spent My Last Snow Day

These past few snow days have been so nice. There is nothing like getting a surprise day off. I don't get bored very easily, so I was very content to just relax and watch movies and read and hang out at home.


But today was our THIRD snow day and I will admit a little bit of cabin fever was beginning to set in.

We did have a fun night last night playing cards with our neighbors. That is pretty much a snow day tradition for us. And when I went to bed, I already knew that today I would definitely not be staying in the whole day! I knew the roads would be clear enough to get out a little bit in the middle of the day when it was warm.

This snow day started like any good snow day... sleeping in!! This is what time I woke up this morning.


Do you know that that is 3 1/2 hours later than I usually get to sleep?? I wish I could sleep this late every day. It makes me feel so much better!

After waking up with the sun actually shining outside, I made myself a relaxing cup of coffee with my favorite creamer...


and settled in to watch The Today Show. I love Hoda and Kathie Lee.


I did a little cleaning and organizing around the house this morning. But really, my house is pretty clean. It's amazing how clean it stays when there is only Steve and me here. :) And I did some online shopping with my gift cards!


I wanted to write my Compassion child a letter and send her some Valentine stickers. She is so precious and I try to remember to pray for her every day.


Ashley and I met at Big Daddy's Burgers for lunch. It was so funny to think that normal people get to eat out at fun places like that every day. Meanwhile, I am choking down a sandwich in about 15 minutes in a loud, steamy cafeteria. Eating lunch out on a weekday is a luxury for me!

This is the fountain that was right outside the restaurant! Can you believe all that ice??


This afternoon I got to run errands and do some shopping. I went to the grocery store and got the things I needed to make Katie Lee Joel's Mediterranean Pasta.

Tonight I am off to choir practice! I am joining the choir again. I haven't sung in the choir in a really long time, so I am looking forward to it!

It has been a fun three snow days!

Before I go, I just wanted to tell you how excited I am for Lindy. She is a fashion major at East Carolina University and she got chosen to be a style intern with Leslie from A Blonde Ambition!! She is thrilled and I know she is going to have a great time learning from Leslie! Yay Lindy!! :)

9 comments:

MiMi said...

Looks like your Snow Days were a little more productive than mine!

We FINALLY returned to work today after a couple of days off hanging out with family at home...playing Phase 10...and a little Old Maid and War with Miss E! ( ;

I'm like you..I LOVE a surprise day off!

Lana said...

It has been nice having a few days off, hasn't it?! We are out tomorrow and on Friday. We were supposed to have parent conferences tomorrow night and Friday 1/2 day. I know what you mean about getting cabin fever! We got out today to go to the doctor and I decided I'd rather have cabin fever...my car slid like crazy in my driveway! Yikes!

Faith said...

I'm so glad you got to sleep in! That is the best feeling, I think =)

We went to Big Daddy's on Sunday. I'm in love with the Cantina 1511 burger. So good!

Sitesx6 said...

I've been lurking on your blog for awhile now. I decided to come clean, because I feel creepy not saying hello.

I love your blog so much. I just really enjoy the simple blogs that talk about family, Christ, and life.

I just wanted to say hello. :)

The Renfrows said...

I saw that fountain today and was mad that I didn't have my camera. Thanks for taking a picture of it :)
Sounds like you have had a good week. I hope the kids behaved themselves today!

Elizabeth said...

I'm A Blonde Ambition reader and saw the post about your daughter joining the team! How fabulous. I'm looking forward to seeing some of her posts

Drop by and enter the two giveaways I'm hosting right now here & here.

Love Being a Nonny said...

I love how you spent your last snow day!

Ashley looks adorable. I know you can't wait!! You cannot begin to imagine how much you are going to love that new baby! Your life...and your blog, will change!

Are you going to Blissdom or any other conferences this year? I really would like to!

Love Being a Nonny said...

Oh, and YEH for Lindy!!! She should tell them she has a sister who is just as fabulous!:)

Kimberly said...

Funny my daughter is a fashion major at college and got an internship with the store ROSS in New York City for the summer. Congratulations to your daughter!