Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tis The Season....

For me, 'tis the season to be BUSY! (But in a good way!) This is one of my favorite times of year and even if it is really busy, I am still enjoying every minute. I am trying to slow down when I can and enjoy my Christmas tree and some Christmas movies and cider and a fire in the fireplace. I can't even believe how fast December is going and I don't want it to go by and me wonder what happened??

Let me share a little bit of what has been going on and what you are probably experiencing too. (I know I'm not the only crazy person during this season! We all need a SILENT NIGHT right about now I'm sure!)

Let's see...last Saturday, instead of sleeping in, I got up early and made some green bean bundles and mashed potato casserole to take to our Sunday School party that night. I had to get that done early because we were invited to Steve's "little brother's" birthday party that afternoon. Steve volunteers with Big Brothers/Big Sisters and each week he spends time with a sweet little boy named Nicholas. We felt very honored that Nicholas wanted us to come to his birthday party and celebrate with him! He really has such a good personality, he always keeps us laughing!


After the party, we came home really quickly and changed clothes and grabbed our casseroles and headed over to some friends' house for our first Christmas party. They are HUGE Tennessee fans and one of their TEN (yes, TEN!) trees is decorated in all orange and white. I love it. I think Ashley and John should do one all South Carolina since they have so many USC ornaments! :)






We ate lots of good food and had fun hanging out together. Unfortunately, we were also watching the South Carolina vs. Auburn game and that didn't turn out so well!


Wednesday was a very happy day at our house! Mark got back from Spain safely! Woo hoo! We have missed him so much and it felt so good to have him home. He said Spain was probably THE best time he's ever had in his life.


All his friends were hugging and crying when they had to say goodbye at the airport. It was bittersweet. I think he is really glad to be home, but he's still getting over jet-lag and trying to readjust to life in the real world again!

Thursday night was Family Game Night at school, so I ended up staying very late. Then Friday night, Steve and I went out to dinner to map out our plan for our Christmas shopping.

It was up early again yesterday. We went over to Steve's parents' for a big, yummy breakfast before we set out for the mall. We pretty much shopped all day and got alot done so that was good! I feel a little bit more relieved that we have gotten some things checked off our list.

Last night Ashley and I took dinner to two friends in our Sunday School class that have just had babies. I love doing that. I love seeing those sweet little newborn babies and it makes me excited for two months from now when Ashley is going to have one of her own!! By the way....I think I have almost decided on Nana as a grandma name. So weird! haha

Finally last night Steve and I sat down and ate dinner together and watched It's A Wonderful Life and drank some hot chocolate.


That is one of my favorite movies ever. That was a fun night to me!

So....now it's back to Sunday. We had church this morning which was so good. And now it is time to get ready for the next few weeks.

*My college kids come home this week
*I have a Christmas party at school on Friday
*We have 3 more parties/get-togethers to attend this week
*I want to do some Christmas baking
*And...I have presents to wrap before next Saturday when we are doing Christmas with Steve's family (since they are going out of town over Christmas.)

You know what I mean, right?? 'Tis the season to be busy, crazy, and very BLESSED!

5 comments:

  1. I just love this time of year! So busy, but it's all filled with good stuff :) Enjoy your holiday season Betsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog header Betsy!! Merry Christmas! I love that you and Steve have dinner together to map out your shopping day!! FUN!!:)

    Nana is a great name...I am Nonny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I am a little overwhelmed when I think of all the little things I need to do before Christmas. Taking Christmas to Texas makes it a little disorganized for me. Ha!

    So glad Mark is home and the girls will be home for break soon. Fun fun!

    You're going to be the BEST Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10 trees!?? Oh heavens - I'm exhausted just thinking about putting up that many! HA!

    You've been so busy...good thing Christmas break is upon you!!

    My M-I-L goes by Nana too - I think that's cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the TN Christmas tree! That would be PERFECT in my house!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)