Thursday, December 30, 2010

Time To Say Goodbye To 2010!

It's hard to believe it's the end of 2010! At the end of the year, I think it's fun to look back and reflect on everything that has happened during the previous 12 months. So...I borrowed these questions from another blog, but I thought they were good at helping me remember 2010!

1-What did you do in 2010 that you had never done before?
*Went to Spain! In November, Steve and I traveled to see Mark while he was studying abroad and we had a wonderful week sight-seeing and spending time with him in that amazing country. It was such a great trip!


*Started teaching at a Title 1 school. All the schools I have ever taught in before have been full of children from pretty privileged backgrounds. Not this school. And teaching these sweet boys and girls has been such a good experience. They are precious and so appreciative of everything. I am so glad God brought me to them.


*Met some sweet blogging friends in person! In April, Ashley and I got to go to the Beth Moore conference in Atlanta and we got to meet so many friends from the blog world. That was really fun!


2-Did anyone close to you give birth? No, but a baby is on it's way! Ashley is due in February....my first grandbaby!

3-Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully!

4-What date from 2010 will remain etched in your memory and why? There are several. The day Ashley told us she was expecting,


the day Mark left for Spain,


and the day I found out I would not be teaching at my school anymore. The good and the bad.

5-What was your biggest acheivement this year? Hmmmmm....I would have to say just keeping my sanity amidst so many changes. Our lives have been changing so quickly over the past two years. The stress points have been racking up with kids going off to college, marriages, job changes, babies, etc. It has been alot to adjust to!

6-Did you suffer any illness or injury? No, I have surprisingly been very healthy this year despite the stress.

7-What was the best thing you bought? Well, it turns out I am a technology geek! I have LOVED my iPod Touch!


I use it all the time at home and I take it to school and play music in my classroom. I really wish I had an iPad and a Kindle! And I also want Sirius or XM radio. haha

8-Where did most of your money go? College and stuff for my class!

9-What song will always remind you of 2010?
Hmmmm....lots of songs! Here are just a few...
The House That Built Me-Miranda Lambert
King of Anything-Sara Bareilles
Boys Of Fall-Kenny Chesney

10-What do you wish you'd done more of? Read my Bible, had more down time, and blogged.

11-What do you wish you'd done less of? Stressed about school!

12-What was your favorite TV program? We had lots of fun watching The Amazing Race this year.


Other than that, I rarely have time to watch much TV. If I do, I usually watch the Food Network or a talk show that I've TiVo'd like The View, Hoda and Kathie Lee, or Oprah.

13-What's the best book you read this year? It is sad, but I haven't had time to read. That has got to change!! I love to read! Mostly I read magazines like Real Simple or People.


14-What was your favorite movie this year?

Probably Toy Story 3...



and Ramona and Beezus.


(Apparently I was into kid movies this year??) I want to see Waiting for Superman and The Social Network!

15-What did you do on your birthday? How old were you? I turned 46 this year. On my birthday weekend, I went to Atlanta for the Beth Moore conference and got to meet so many of my blogging friends in real life! That was so much fun!

16-Did you travel anywhere this year? Yes, in addition to Spain, Steve and I took a trip to Cancun back in February.


Then my girls and I went to Florida right when school was out.


Our family also went to Boston and New York this summer for the fourth of July.


Then Steve and I went to Miami for our anniversary in August!


We have had lots of fun traveling this year!

17-What national/world event stirred you the most? I think the oil spill in the Gulf. That was just awful and I was so afraid that it was going to do long term damage. (Which it did!)


On the other hand, the Chilean miners were so inspirational and a testimony to the resilience of the human spirit!


I loved that story!

18-What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A less stressful job. Enough said.

19-What merited celebration? Ashley's pregnancy, Mark's awesome trip to Spain, and all the good times we had with family and friends this year!

20-Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010?
I think the thing I've learned this year is that God is in control. I am not. He has the plan. I may not understand it. But I can look back and see His hand working in my life through the years. He has been so good to me. There is no reason to stress or be afraid. He is faithful in everything. He has blessed my life so much and I will continue to look to Him for anything I need!

Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed, Thy hand hath provided
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!

4 comments:

Love Being a Nonny said...

Great post Betsy!! Loved following you this year1 It is so obvious how much you love your family. May God continue to bless you in 2011! angela

Deidre said...

I love this re-cap of 2010! (I think I'll do the same, if that's ok). Goodness, your last TWO years have been very eventful with kids going to college, a wedding, a baby. I admire you for how you handle it all! I just love your blog. You inspire me to be a better Mom!

Happy New Year Maddox Family!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Betsy, you have had a wonderful year! And I know you are so excited about your new grandbaby arriving in February! My 2 daughters and I sat by you in Atlanta at the Beth Moore conference! We had a great time. Hope 2011 brings many more exciting things your way. Love & blessings from NC!

Stacey said...

You do NOT look like you are 46 years old! Yes, I am snooping around on your blog, and I am your newest follower. :)