Saturday, October 2, 2010

Michelle's Shower

Well, this is how I would describe this week--"Same song, second verse...a little bit louder and a little bit worse!" Can the crazy business please slow down?? haha

You know the routine...totally hectic, long week with lots and lots of late hours and stress. But today....AAHHHHHH! It is Saturday and the weather is absolutely gorgeous.

Ashley and I threw a wedding shower for one of Ashley's best friends growing up...Michelle. Michelle is pretty much like my own daughter. She has gone on so many family vacations with us and spent so many hours at our house, I feel like she really could be mine!

She is getting married in November, so we wanted to do something special for her. And it was the perfect day for a shower. I think showers are lots more fun to give in the fall or spring just because of all the pretty colors!

Here is the table...


I found this cute sparkly pumpkin with twinkle lights yesterday at Hallmark and used it in the middle of the table.


Ashley and Michelle...


And here is Ashley being silly while Michelle is getting her corsage pinned on.


Here are just a few other pictures we took today...






We are so happy and excited for Michelle! It was a fun afternoon.

Now it's time to relax and watch a little football! I am so excited that the weather has cooled off and this week is going to really feel like fall! I plan on soaking in every minute of laziness from now until Monday morning. :)

5 comments:

  1. Aw that looks like so much fun! and the food looks delicious! Yay for michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, these pictures are beautiful. Both Ashley and Michelle look beautiful!! Sorry your week has been hectic, hope this next one is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you have had a hectic week, but you got to have a fun day today. Ashley looks adorable pregnant! And Michelle is such a pretty girl. I know you all are excited about the wedding. Your table looks so pretty. Love the centerpiece. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betsy,

    Boy do we miss you this year!! Your life, like mine is just as busy as always. Does it ever slow down??? I realized the other day I haven't sat down to blog since June~crazy! One of these days...maybe. The shower looked just beautiful! Ashley looks great. Hope you all are doing well. Take care, try to get some rest,and I'd love to get together again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun! Ashley is beautiful! Hope this week is going better already!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)