Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! I have my candy all ready and I know my doorbell will be ringing non-stop starting about 5:00 this afternoon. We have TONS of kids in our neighborhood and lots of them are my former students, so I always have fun seeing them dressed up so cute. Ashley and John are coming over and we're just ordering pizza and hanging out.

Today I was looking back through our pictures and I found so many cute ones of my kids through the years. Awww...I miss those days. I have no idea how many costumes I have put together. Four costumes a year for at least 10-13 years! That's alot of costumes! They got their own costumes together once they got older.

Halloween has always been a fun holiday at our house. Sometimes we would go to a farm and sometimes we would just go a pumpkin patch and get our pumpkin. Laura and Lindy are usually my pumpkin carvers. (They weren't fans of all that pumpkin goo!)






But occasionally we can rope Mark into it...


And, of course, Rocky has to be in the middle of everything! :)


We always do a happy face pumpkin. I don't like scary!


We didn't really focus on the scary or evil aspects of Halloween. We just had fun dressing up and getting and giving candy!

Every year our kids would get together with friends in our neighborhood and they would trick or treat together. Steve's mom also hosted a few Halloween parties when the kids were little and they would go with their friends and cousins. On Halloween night, someone on our street would usually have us over for pizza or hot chocolate after trick or treating was over, so it was always such a good time! We had enough candy in our house to literally last almost a year! Anyway...here are a few pictures of Halloweens through the years at the Maddox house...
























I have to admit, I miss all the dressing up and excitement on Halloween night. But...next year I will have a grandbaby to show off! I can't wait for that!

11 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I love reminiscing and looking at old photos. These are so sweet. Before long you'll have new little ones to enjoy Halloween with for the next 10-13 years. :)

petrii said...

Betsy,
These pics are so cute!!! I need to get Dak's out. He has had some fun costumes through the years.

Oh yes my dear, sweet little g-babes to see all dressed up on Halloween is just he best. Sky just left hear about an hour ago....our little bee. Oh.my.stars. I'll be posting pics. So cute!!!

Have a Blessed week friend,
Dawn

Meredith said...

Loved all your pictures, Betsy! Happy Halloween!

Lauren said...

Sooooo sweet!!!! Love this!!! :)

Alex and Jill said...

I love seeing the old photos of the kiddos! Next year, you'll have a grandbaby to dress up!! :) I saw the pic of those boots for Ashley's baby on FB...ADORABLE.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Betsy...your pictures made me cry...because they were just so sweet and because my own kiddos are growing up so fast. Oh gosh. I just want to freeze time...

Lisa said...

I have been trying to remember all of the costumes I have put together too. This was the first Halloween in 19 years that I did not have a trick or treater. I do miss those years, but it was really nice to just sit this year.

Lana said...

I loved looking at your Halloween pictures throughout the years! Precious!

Leah said...

I love your daughters genie costume... maybe because I had the same exact one!! The funniest part is that I just blogged a picture of me in that costume with an almost identical painting on my cheek!! For a second I thought you had a picture of me on your blog :o) How funny!! It must have been a popular costume that year :o)

Meagan said...

We love the fun side of Halloween too! This was a great post idea - loved the pics of Halloween throughout the years! So fun! Now, Happy Fall and Thanksgiving Break right around the corner - yay!!

Christal said...

love this post they are so adorable and I can't wait to read about your trip!! hope you had so much fun!!