Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Finally Fall!

Fall is here! Yipee! This is one of my favorite seasons and I am loving this cooler weather. This weekend I put my pumpkins out on the front porch.


We also planted some pansies


and we put some chrysanthemums on our porch.


We even slept with our windows open on Saturday night. When we woke up Sunday morning, our room was freezing! But that kind of weather makes me sleep so good! I am so thankful for the seasons. It is refreshing to say goodbye to 100 degree days and tons of humidity. I think God knows we need something new and exciting and different every so often.

At this time of year, I always start getting excited about fall things like...

Fall clothes and boots!

Pumpkins!


The colors of the leaves


Apple cider


Football


Routine

Thanksgiving


Coziness

Fall seems homey to me. Doesn't it make you want to get a blanket and some slippers and curl up with a cup of something warm?

Now for just a few random things I wanted to share...

*Tomorrow is Steve's birthday and he always asks for carrot cake, so I made him one tonight. It made the house smell delicious! When I was making it, I was thinking about how the recipe I use has always turned out good through the years! You make it with baby food carrots. I know that sounds weird, but I will share it with you soon!

*We talked to Mark this weekend. He is having a GREAT time and he told me this was the best 25 days of his life! I was so glad to hear that. He doesn't take very many pictures of himself, but he takes pictures of the food! This is churros. Looks pretty good to me!


One month from today, we will be leaving to go see him!

*After school today I went birthday shopping at the mall, then I came home and cooked dinner and made a cake. Steve is always so sweet to clean everything up for me while I sit on the couch and watch TV and check e-mails and blogs and Twitter on my phone for a few minutes. This is normally where you can find me at the end of a long day...


*I have a big observation this Thursday at school. People from downtown are coming to our school and my room was chosen for them to visit. I will be so glad when that is over!

*Lindy is coming home Thursday and then this weekend, we are going to see Laura and go to an Appalachian football game! I can't wait to go up to the mountains. I'm sure it is beautiful right now.

*South Carolina is playing Alabama on Saturday. That is going to be a huge game and Ashley gets to go!

I hope the rest of this week goes by quickly!

5 comments:

Lindy said...

This made me SO excited to come home! I can't wait to see ya'll!!! :)

Lauren said...

YAY for Fall!!!!!!!!!! Loved this post!!! :)

Lana said...

I love fall, too! So glad Mark is having a good time! Good luck with your observation tomorrow!

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

I'm learning to love Fall - it is a beautiful time of the year and everything seems so much more crisp and clear during the early part of the season!! And the colors!!!

~Beth

lkm said...

I love your new layout! totes adorbs.