Monday, September 13, 2010

So Good

Today has been so good. I finally got to talk to Mark. Yes, I am now probably beginning to bore people with all this talk about Mark, but it has been torture waiting for him to get in touch with us. I haven't been sleeping well and have been checking my facebook every five minutes. I am ridiculous. But today he finally got some internet access and was able to send me a long facebook message filling me in on everything. Plus, he got a phone (hallelujah!) so we even got to talk for about 20 minutes and it was GREAT! It was so good to hear his voice and it sounded like he was right next door.

In a nutshell, he is loving it. It's beautiful. He loves all his new friends. His new host "madre" is nice and is a good cook. He has a comfortable bed and his own bathroom. And tomorrow he is finding the gym which will probably become his home away from home. So all is well. I know I will sleep so much better tonight!

Today my doorbell rang and guess who it was?? It was the mom of one of my students from last year. She and six other moms had gotten together and collected all sorts of school supplies, toys for the treasure box, and snacks for the kids at my new school. She had two giant tubs full of all kinds of things.

She told me they just loved me and wanted to do this for my new students! Are you serious??? That was so sweet! I was just amazed. People are so nice.

It was also a good day because of this: I have one little boy in my class that has been giving me a little bit of a hard time over the past week or so. He has some anger issues and has been kicking the desk and the trashcan and getting really angry when things frustrate him or don't work out like he wants them to. So I talked to his mom on the phone last night and told her all about it. Ok...apparently that was all I needed to do. He came in today like a perfect angel and he stayed that way all day. He was the sweetest and most cooperative child you've ever met. He had a big smile on his face and he even apologized to me for his behavior. And now his mom is my new best friend! Parent support is so important when you teach. I am thankful for parents who care.

And this was good...


I thought it was so cute. I love the picture with my hair in a ponytail and my earrings! :)

Yesterday I got to go hear my brother, Blake, preach at his church. Since we help teach a Sunday School class at our church, we hardly ever get to go hear him. But he has been on a sabbatical this summer and this was his first week back, so we wanted to go. He is such a good preacher and I loved hearing him. He and his wife, Angie, have a great ministry together.


After church we went out to lunch and watched a little bit of the Panthers game. Luckily I didn't watch the whole thing. I heard it wasn't pretty. Here is Blake with my niece Brooklyn.


Anyway...those are just a few reasons why it was a good weekend and a reaallly good Monday! Last night was NOT a good night, however. I didn't sleep a wink. So, tonight I made some relaxing comfort food...poppy seed chicken...for dinner. I have a magazine sitting by my bed waiting for me along with some fluffy pillows and a cozy blanket and I can hear a hot shower calling my name. So I am now off to bed early. Yay for good days!

10 comments:

Love Being a Nonny said...

Amazing what hearing from one of our kids does for us! SO glad you got to hear from him! Now, sleep good!

Whitney said...

So glad Mark is safe and having a great time! You guys are so cute! I am pregnant with #4 (I have 4 year old triplets) and it is so fun to see what life with 4 kids will bring. Blessings!

Heather said...

SO glad you heard from Mark, I know that must be a relief for you to hear his voice! That letter from your student, beyond precious!!!

lkm said...

That note is so sweet! And I'm seriously like hysterically laughing from that drawing hahahaha

IT LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU!!!!

you should make it your new prof pic on f-book!
totes miss you.
whatevs.
hearts - Laura

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

It is evident that you have impacted many people's lives!! How special the "basket" was!!

Glad you heard from Mark..I know now you can rest better!!

Cute pic of you!!!!

~Beth

petrii said...

Betsy,
So happy that you heard from Mark and all is well.

How sweet of those mama's!!! So thoughtful of them.

I'm so glad you called the mama of the little one you were having trouble with. That was very meaningful to the mama as well.

Hope you slept well last night....

Love and hugs ~~ Dawn

Lauren said...

YAY!!! Oh, I’m sure that did your Momma heart some good hearing your son’s voice!!! So glad he is liking it over there!!! And that letter from your student made my heart melt!!!

Christal said...

You are the greatest teacher so many great parents are spoiling you you deserve it! Love that card too! Glad mark is safe and sound and you can sleep now eh! Blessings all around!

* ButterflyChik* said...

Hey Hey,
I stumbled over your blog today and I just had to tell you I'm enjoying your blog. Your awesome. I became a follower and I'm looking forward to keeping up and leaving comments. I hope you will check out my blog, and become a follower. I have a button, and I'd like to add you to my blog roll. I hope you have a lovely weekend. God Bless You and Yours

http://diaryofhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

Love,
Jess

Rachel said...

I'm a new reader, so just wanted to stop in and say hello! Your blog is so precious, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better! Can't wait to keep reading. Happy Friday!