Thursday, September 2, 2010

So Glad It's September!

I am so glad September is here. I am not a fan of August. I'm sorry, but even though there are lots of fun birthdays and anniversaries in that month, overall it's the worst month of the year to me. I don't know if you've been to the south at this time of year, but if you haven't....I don't recommend it. It is SO BLAZING HOT! And the humidity is enough to kill you.


I'm not trying to be negative, but here are just a few reasons why I am not sad to say goodbye to August...

*crunchy, brown grass
*leggy, drooping flowers
*bad humidity hair (basically I wear a ponytail everyday)
*back to school exhaustion
*nothing good on TV
*hurricane season

September is just so welcome after the stress of August! Lindy came home tonight for the weekend. She left before Hurricane Earl got there. It shouldn't hit Greenville, but it will probably be rainy and windy! Laura is coming home tomorrow. They came home to see Mark and say goodbye to him since he is leaving for Spain next Friday! I am getting sad thinking about how much I will miss him. But he is super excited, so I am happy for him.

Tonight we are watching the first college football game of the year (South Carolina vs. Southern Mississippi).


We got wings and I made salads...potato salad, tossed salad, and fruit salad. Plus, we had some leftover Andes Mint cookies from what I made earlier this week. Mmmm! The Gamecocks are FIRED UP and have already scored three touchdowns, so it's a good game!!

Just having this football game on gives me hope that fall can't be too far off and it can't get here soon enough for me!

And do you know what is one of the BEST parts of September?? Labor Day! Yay for having Monday off!!! Only one more day and then it's the start of a long weekend. That is something to get happy about. :)

6 comments:

Jacquie said...

Happy you will have a housefull this weekend... sad that you will be seeing Mark off.

I hope you have and fun and restful weekend!

petrii said...

Betsy,
So nice that your little chicks will be back in the nest this weekend. I would be so sad too if Dak was going to Spain for a semester. But excited too, to see his excitement. I'm so happy for Mark, what an adventure!!

I'm ready for fall, football, Cross-Country Meets (which start tomorrow =) and chili =) =)

Hope you have a Blessed weekend,
Dawn

Lauren said...

YAY for Fall and YAY for Labor Day!!!!!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I could not agree more...this summer has been too hot. I think everyone is anxiously awaiting the Fall :).

I know that you are not Catholic but there is a Saint named Christopher. He is the patron saint of travelers. Perhaps you can find one and pin it to Mark's bag or suitcase. He will have so much fun and it will be a GREAT experience!!!

Beth said...

so happy to hear you and your family watched the Gamecocks play. what a nice win to start off the season! :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Feel exactly the same...Aug is my least fav month and FOOTBALL changes everything....

So ready to get started..
Have a great weekend