Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

God knew what He was doing when he gave us Labor Day. After the first full week of school, I already needed a three day weekend! Laura and Lindy came home this weekend to say goodbye to Mark before he leaves for Spain on Friday so we have had a good time hanging out with them and staying pretty low key.

Friday night we went out to dinner with Ashley and Laura and Lindy to one of our favorite Asian restaurants...Red Bowl. Bless Ashley's heart, she is an emotional basket case lately since she is pregnant. We started talking about funny Geico commercials (like the little pig that cries "weeee" all the way home!) and she started laughing so hard that she ended up crying!?? What on earth?? That's the second time she's done that lately. We all got a good laugh out of her!

When we woke up on Saturday it felt so good outside. It felt like fall, and the air even smelled like fall. I made some blueberry muffins and some coffee and got reunited with my porch. I haven't been able to sit on it in forever it seems like because it has been so hot and humid. But I spent lots of time out there on Saturday. Rocky loves it too!


Ashley came over that morning and we addressed wedding shower invitations for a friend of hers that is getting married soon. It was such a beautiful day. All of us girls went to lunch at a new little sandwich place and then made a quick Target run together. I got one of these at Target to use in my class...


I can download music on my iTouch now and play it at school. I play lots of music and we sing alot in my class. :)

Saturday afternoon was just calm and lazy and Saturday night we grilled steaks over at Steve's parents house. They have the prettiest yard. Steve's dad works really hard on it.


We found this HUGE spider in the yard!


It was so interesting. This isn't a very good picture of its web, but believe me, it was big. I think the zig-zags in the middle of the web are so cool! We put a bug in it's web and watched it climb over there and wrap that bug up tight in about 30 seconds! Then it left the bug right where it was and went back to the middle of it's web again. He wouldn't have to worry about dinner now!

Steve's brother, Mike, and sister, Angela, were in town for the Labor Day weekend. Angela lives on the Outer Banks of the NC coast and she is an expert at cooking shrimp! She made us some shrimp boil for an appetizer. That didn't last long!


After dinner, we watched the UNC vs. LSU football game. Here we all are piled up in big chairs and couches just hanging out and watching the game.




Lindy left bright and early this morning so she could get back to ECU to tailgate before the game. We went to church and then out to Chili's for lunch. It was such a nice day, we sat outside and it was perfect!

I am just so excited that tomorrow is another day off! Woo hoo! I hope you are having a wonderful and relaxing Labor Day weekend. :)

7 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

You have sure had a wonderful holiday weekend. Glad we still have one more day to chill out. Praying for safe travels for your son as he travels overseas. I know you will miss him. Enjoy your time off on Monday. Love & blessings from NC!

Jacquie said...

Lots of Maddox funs!! Enjoy your extra day off - and your kids... I know I am.

(Poor Ashley, I remember those days!)

Karen said...

Happy Labor Day weekend Betsy!! I hope you get to enjoy a lot of time on that beautiful porch of yours!

Taylor said...

Hope she enjoyed that game as much as I did...GO PIRATES!!! Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Your weekend sounds wonderful! Enjoy your extra day! I'm sure loving having everyone home on Monday.

~Kathie~ said...

Looks like a perfect weekend!! And I absolutely love your porch!

Lauren said...

What a fun weekend and seriously, you will always have the prettiest porch around!!!!