Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Counting Down

We are on the countdown until Mark leaves. It is down to really just one more full day at home. Then he will be gone for 90 days!! *sniff sniff* Steve and I are planning to go see him in Spain in early November, so I will be marking the days off the calendar until then.

I am going to miss him so much. I can't deny that. But I am very excited for him because this is something he has wanted to do for a really long time.

I asked Steve to take our picture together (even if it is the end of a long day and I am exhausted!) Mark said, "All your blog friends are going to think I never wear a shirt!" It is true....he does walk around the house with no shirt on most of the time! haha


We have been packing and making sure he has euros and a credit card and a new backpack and a host gift for the family he is staying with and plenty of underwear and socks and all those important things. Steve bought him the new iTouch today so that he can use it for a camera/video camera and we can even skype on it! I am so thankful for skype! That came along at a perfect time in my life when all my kids are scattered all around the world. There is nothing like not only hearing their voices, but also getting to see their faces!!






I was hoping to be able to stay at home tomorrow since that is Mark's last day, but unfortunately I have to work. Friday I am working in the morning and then I will leave around 11:00 and rush to the airport to give my boy a big hug and kiss and wave goodbye to him as he walks off toward this new adventure.

Please pray for him to have safe travels and a good experience while he is there. He is going to have his own travel blog, so I will show it to you once it is up and running!

Right now I can hear Steve and Mark trying out the skype. One is upstairs and one is downstairs! I need to go see how well it works! Have a great night!

13 comments:

lkm said...

saddddd!!! i'm gonna miss him so much! i can't wait to hear about it though and christmas break will be extra fun because it'll be a big reunion :)

petrii said...

OH YAY YAY YAY!!! I'm so happy he will be doing a travel blog while he is away. How fun!!

I know that you will miss him like crazy, but what a great opportunity for him.

Have a Blessed evening,
Dawn

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Praying with you, Betsy! Mark must be so excited!

Jacquie said...

I always feel such a connection with you on posts like this. I KNOW exactly what your heart is feeling. I know how happy you are for Mark and how sad you are for yourself at the same time. So far, three months is about as long as I can go without seeing my kids. I'm thrilled for you that you will get to go see him there in November. That will be a blast!

PS - Funny about him shirtless around the house all the time. Teenagers. But I have to say the boy has been working out!!!

Alex and Jill said...

I'll be praying for you and for Mark! That's a long time to be away from one of your kiddos.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Praying for Mark. I hope he has a wonderful adventure. I can't wait to hear more about his trip. And what fun for you all to get to go over to see him in November. That will be here before you know it. Love & blessings from NC!

Faith said...

Awww, this will be such a neat experience for him, but I know you will miss him dearly. Thank goodness for modern day technology and the way that we can all keep in touch. Praying for y'all!

Lauren said...

So fun for him and great that you and Steve will be able to take the trip to Spain to see him. I’ll be praying for him!!! I know he’ll have a blast!

Leigh Ann said...

Betsy,
I know you'll miss him. I can't wait to hear about his adventures!!! Oh, I'd love to follow Ashley's blog, how do I contact her for an invite?

Thanks and love!
Leigh Ann

Lana said...

This will be such a fun adventure for Mark! I know you will miss him though!

Heather said...

HA!! I was just thinking, "does that boy ever wear a shirt?" :) Praying for you and him during this time!! Tell him if he walks around Spain without his shirt, he is going to attract all the girls to him!! You might be marrying another one of soon Bets!!!!!

Caroline said...

will be praying for mark! he is going to have so much fun and grow so much! can't wait to here how he is doing! i'll be praying for your sad heart too!!!! love you friend

Christal said...

Fun for him sad for you guys but he will have such an adventure and can't wait to read about your trip there how exciting! But you are going to miss him so much!Thank goodness for technology eh!