Tuesday, August 17, 2010

25 Years

First of all, thank you so much for all of your sweet, sweet comments about my exciting news! I have the best blogging friends!

Twenty five years ago today I married the most wonderful guy I know. We have had our ups and downs through the years like all married couples do, but even after all this time together, he is still my best friend and we still have so much fun together. When we got married, it was hard for me to project 25 years into the future and imagine what we would be like after being married that long. But I really believe we love each other even more now than we did that day! (I know that sounds cheesey, but it's true!)

So, anyway...I found our old slide show video that we had made for our wedding and I thought I would share just a little part of it today to help remember what we were like 25 years ago. This kind of thing had just come out when we got married. You had to hold a video camera in your hand and film a photograph, then turn off the camera and put another picture down and then film it, etc. These pictures are super grainy and the music is a little warped sounding, but oh well!! haha This is the way it was back in the day! :)

By the way, we were high school sweethearts, so many of these pictures were from high school.

18 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Anniversary Steve and Betsy! You two sure have a lot to celebrate this week!

The Monogrammed Mrs. said...

Wow! Mark looks so much like him!! Congratulations. You and Steve have given your children a wonderful gift...a model of Christian marriage. Those of us who have parents who are still together are extremely blessed. It's something I don't take for granted that both my parents and my husband's parents are still together.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Congratulations for 25 wonderful years of marriage!!! Love the slide show. You guys must have been high school sweethearts. I married my high school sweetheart too. You certainly have a lovely family. I hope you had a great day. Love & blessings from NC!

Jilly said...

Wow...Mark is a mini-Steve, isn't he?

Jacquie said...

I'm tickled because everyone is saying how Mark looks like Steve and I commented that on FB last night!! Ha!!

I am AMAZED that y'all had a "slide show" at your wedding. We got married 2 years before y'all and we didn't know anyone even video taping their weddings at that time. I love that y'all used a video camera to put it together. That's so fun (especially since we have such great slide show/movie technology these days). Technology!

Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple!

Kelley said...

That is a wonderful slide show! Happy Anniversary!

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

Happy Anniversary!! 25 years!! That is so great!! And may the next 25 years be even better!!

~Beth

dee said...

Congratulations! Mark looks JUST like Steve -wow! :-)

Love Being a Nonny said...

I married my high school sweetheart too! (Well, I was in high school...he was in college). LOVED the video! Your twins and Mark look just like their dad and Ashley looks just like YOU! Yall STILL look great...even after 25 years together! Congrats! Can't wait to see you in ten more years!!!

Hope this first week of school has gone great for you and all the others in your house!

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary, 25 years is HUGE! That's so awesome! I love the video, Betsy you look the exact same! Beautiful! BTW, were one of those pictures taken at Opryland? Where y'all are sipping a drink together? Random, huh?! Congrats!!!!

Lauren said...

Betsy, this has got to be the sweetest thing ever. Happy anniversary!!!!!!

Lana said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a special day!

Megan said...

I'm seriously so impressed by this slideshow. Really I am. And whoever did the camera work. Starting at the bottom of the picture and working upwards and then zooming in. Genius! I would have just filmed the picture. I love it. You are so beautiful!

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」............................................................

Alise Nettles said...

This is so sweet Betsy! Congrats to you both and congrats on the news about Ashley!

Meagan said...

Happy Anniversary! I LOVED the slide show - so cute! I think y'all are such an amazing couple with such a beautiful family! You inspire me! I hope you enjoy this weekend!

Jodi Lowery said...

What a wonderful video Betsy...such sweet memories for you and Steve. Could you please tell us the name of the song that plays through the video and who sings it? Thanks so much Betsy...and congratulations on one of God's most precious gifts to us...a grandchild.

petrii said...

Betsy,
This is just the sweetest video!! I love your announcement and "the groom-elect" .... you don't see that kind of language in announcements today. Loved it!!!

Hope you had a beautiful anniversary,
Dawn