Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer Lovin'

I was thinking today about a few things I really love, so I thought I'd make a little list. It's just a few simple things. Nothing big.

I love...

*Coke.


I wish I didn't love it as much as I do, but there is seriously nothing better than an ice cold, really fizzy coke right out of the refrigerator! Mmmm!

*These popsicles....


I have just recently found these and they are sooo good. They are so summery and I don't think they have very many calories, either. It has been extremely hot here lately, so these are the perfect treat to cool off with!

*Twitter.


I love blogging more, but Twitter is such a great way to keep up with everyone throughout the day. I like checking in on all my Twitter friends and asking questions or laughing about something funny, etc. It makes the world seem smaller. You always have someone to talk to. Some people I'm sure think it's over the top or too much technology in your life, but I love it.

*Shopping online.



It is about 1000 degrees here so it's a chore to go outside to do anything. This week I have had a lot of fun shopping online! I have been looking for a maxi dress and a new bathing suit and some cute tops and there are some really good sales going on right now. I have found some pretty good deals!

*Having lunch with friends.

I went to lunch today with two of my good friends that I haven't seen much of this summer and it was fun to sit and catch up! I have the best friends!

*Magazines
.


I realized while I was at Target yesterday that I am attracted to books, CDs, movies, and magazines. I have a weakness for them. My cart always seems to make it's way to that section of the store and it is hard for me to go into a store with magazines and not buy one! My favorites are People and Real Simple, but I read anything from Newsweek to Southern Living, too! And I even hate throwing them away. I always think I might need a recipe or idea from one of them!

*Getting my hair done.

Today is salon day! I wish I didn't need to get my hair colored so often, but I do. So I just make the best of it and take some good books and relax while I get my hair washed and my head massaged. I am always happy when I leave there!

14 comments:

Lauren Kelly said...

I love me some coke too but trip to stay away!!! :( I'm way addicted to that stuff.

I too ALWAYS navigate to that part of the store too and a major weakness for me, always has been!!

And YAY for salon day, I get mine done next week!!!!! :)

Have a GREAT weekend!!

Lauren Kelly said...

PS: and I seriously heart Twitter!!!!!!!! :)

The Monogrammed Mrs. said...

I wrote last week about those fruit bars. Except at the time, I didn't know they were Edy's. You can see the whole story on my blog. Got one in a gas station (pineapple) and it was soooo good. gas station was @ beach and i threw away wrapper. Called them back to see what brand. They said Dole. I couldn't find in stores. So I tried Edy's and they are sooooo good. HAven't tried Edy's pineapple but the strawberry are great! and only 80-90 cals.

Kimberly said...

I love magazines too and getting my hair done!

The Nashville Nosher said...

I love all of those too! I recently discovered Haggen Das coconut pineapple ice cream...soo good!! not low in calories though :(

my twitter name is heatherbee21...you should follow me so I can follow you :)

Love Being a Nonny said...

I love Coke too...but in the diet form! And we buy Edy's bars by the case at Costco!!!! oh, and I have my hair cut and colored every four weeks!!!! Great list!

Megan said...

I completely concur with EVERYTHING on this list!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Enjoyed your list. Harris Teeter has cokes now, buy 2 cartons, get 3 free. Great deal!!! Those popsicles look so good. I will have to try them. You like a lot of the same things that I do. Nothing better than lunch with girlfriends. Love & blessings from NC!

Heather said...

I love your list Betsy! So fun, I love getting my hair done too, except for when they keep talking about how much of it I have and they are scared to do it! ha!! I love keeping up with you on twitter!! :)

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

What a great list!! I'm going to the salon today too!! Almost waited too late (check out yesterday's blog!).

~Beth

Meagan said...

I am the same way with magazines and I won't throw them away until they are out of control! lol. I am going right to the store to check out those coconut sweet treats - YUMMY! It's hot as blue blazes here too, something cold will hit the spot!

Karen said...

I agree with everything on your list!!! I follow you on Twitter too and agree that it's my latest obsession. I can't imagine life without it now! Have a good weekend.

Jessica said...

Oh, honey... my veins run black with coke! I love it!!! : )

許李秀樺靜怡 said...

愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................