Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lunch With Lana

Today was just another reason why I love blogging so much. Ashley and I have been blogging friends for a while now with Lana. I forgot when I first read her blog, but the minute I read it, I knew we had a lot in common. She was a teacher (check), she lived in South Carolina...right next door practically! (check), and she was from Tennessee, where I grew up (check). I have loved reading all about her life...her wedding, her life as a newlywed, and just recently she had a precious baby boy, Easton!


About a year ago, I told Ashley that she would love getting to know Lana, too. And that is just what happened! They are the exact same age and both are teachers. Plus they both just got married recently!


So...when Lana had her baby, Ashley and I were dying to meet him and to meet Lana in person. A few plans were made and it was decided that we would meet today in Columbia at Copper River Grill.

Columbia is not far from us at all and Ashley went to school there, so she loves taking any opportunity she can to go back and visit.

When we got to the restaurant, Lana was waiting for us. She looked so pretty, just like I knew she would. And she is so down to earth and easy to talk to. We had the best time visiting together. What is so funny about blogging is that you may have never met this person in real life, but you feel like you have! Conversation is so easy and natural and there is so much to talk about. We just chatted away for almost 2 hours! Easton was a little angel the whole time. He didn't make a peep! I was impressed. :)


Lana was so sweet. She gave Ashley and me both gift bags full of teaching supplies and a yummy smelling candle, too. I was just looking for a new candle and this one smells amazing!

Blogging has been such a great experience for me in so many ways. But the best part about it has been all the sweet friends I have made! I am so thankful that I have gotten to meet so many of them in real life!

8 comments:

Heather said...

OH so fun!!! I love reading all 3 of y'alls blogs!! What a great time!! I loved that y'all got to meet up and hangout!! Looks like a great time!! I'm ready for us to meet up now!!

Lana said...

I had so much fun meeting you and Ashley today! You guys are just so sweet! Thank you so much for the cute outfit for Easton and the socks! I can't wait to try it on him! :) Hopefully we can get together again!

逸蔡凡逸蔡凡逸蔡凡 said...

好的開始並不代表會成功,壞的開始並不代表是失敗..................................................

Meagan said...

So much fun!!! :-) It's funny how blogging connects you! I'll sometimes say something like, "My friend Betsy said..." LOL Then someone asks who you or some other blog friend is and I have to explain I've never actually met you! It's so fun to get to meet bloggy buddies in person!

Lauren said...

So fun, Betsy. Aren’t bloggy friends the best? Especially when they become IRL friends!! :)

jillans said...

What fun to be able to meet a fellow blogger. What a precious little baby too. I love reading blogs where we get to know each other and as you said, if you get a chance to meet, you're old friends.

Megan L Hutchings said...

I hope to meet you one day!

Just last night we were talking about our friend Betsy and the other ladies were like, "Who?" We think nothing of it b/c we believe you are our friend!

Love Being a Nonny said...

What fun!! I am getting ready to meet a blogger that lives about 30 minutes from me. I feel like I know her already. Seems weird doesn't it? Looks like yall had a great time!