Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back Home

We have spent the past two days trying to catch up from being on a trip. Catching up on sleep, laundry, grocery shopping...all those things that are on the to-do list when you've been gone!

I am so glad we went to the Northeast when we did because I heard on the news yesterday that it was 101 degrees in Boston! Oh my word. I can't begin to imagine walking around in that heat. I know that would have been miserable!

My family was so happy to have a homecooked meal last night. As good as the food was on vacation, it still gets a little old eating bagels and sandwiches and the only green vegetable you eat for days is salad. So last night I made a pork tenderloin, rice, squash, and green beans. Then for dessert I made some really yummy peaches with angel food cake. Peaches are so good this time of year, aren't they? Steve's brother is up here from Florida doing some work in the mountains and yesterday he stopped at a little stand on his way back and got all these peaches and plums! Don't they look good?


This is the dessert I made. It's so easy...kind of like a trifle, but not as fancy.

Peaches and Angel Food Cake

Tear or cut angel food cake into squares and place in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch dish.
Layer with sliced fresh peaches.
Mix together 1 large container of light Cool Whip and 1/2 can of condensed milk. Pour Cool Whip mixture over peaches. Refrigerate.


I have been trying to read this summer, but I really want to focus more on that over the next month or so because I never get to read once school starts. Last night I picked up a little book I must have bought or someone gave me a long time ago that I just layed on my bedside table and never really opened. It is Just When I Thought I'd Dropped My Last Egg by Kathie Lee Gifford.


I know alot of people don't like her for whatever reason, but I have always liked her ever since she was on Regis and Kathie Lee! Anyway...the book is just short little essays and such a quick read. I read the whole thing in one night. And it was so funny (with a little bit of "saltiness" I will warn you). But it will make you laugh!

Speaking of laughing, Steve had a friend send him this video the other day and we laughed so hard. If you have kids, you need to watch it. They hit the nail on the head with this one!!

Dad Life from Church on the Move on Vimeo.



We have some fun things planned for this week...

1-We are hoping to see Toy Story 3 this week. Have you seen it? I have heard so much about it. I know I will cry, but I heard it was such a good movie. I am looking forward to it!


2-Thursday night I am taking dinner to a couple in our Sunday School class who just had a little girl. I am hoping to get together for lunch with another friend from our class, too.

3-I know this is sad, but I just now got Ashley's wedding pictures back, so now I need to put them into a wedding album. I found a really pretty black leather album that I like, so that is a project I will be working on.

4-Steve and I are going to see Michael Buble on Saturday night. If you've been reading my blog very long, you know how much I love him, so I can't wait!


Today it's off to the pool with Ashley, Laura, and my two nieces. We are trying to stay cool here. Hope you are too!

13 comments:

Lauren Kelly said...

You are just having a fabulous summer, my friend!!!!! Aw, so jealous about Michael Buble!!! My Mom went to his concert just a few months ago and she said it was the best concert she has ever been too!!!!!!

Alex and Jill said...

Okay, so I love Kathie Lee! I watch her every morning on Kathie Lee & Hoda! She makes me laugh.

I also LOVE Michael Buble. My nephew loves his music and I made the mistake of taking him to a concert a couple of years ago. It is definitely a concert that you go to with you spouse - not your 15 year old nephew! HAHA! Alex and I love the Rat Pack and MB is today's Frank Sinatra, don't you think!?

You've had a busy-fun summer!! I have loved reading about it. :)

Cherit said...

My cousins went to Michael Buble's concert in Wichita, Kansas last month. They said it was wonderful! And those peaches look really yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Meagan said...

Busy, busy! Sounds like you have a great week lined up! Enjoy the pool - and have fun at the concert (I'm so jealous!!) :-)

Lana said...

Peaches are delicious this time of the year! We just had homemade peach ice cream this past weekend and it was delicious! Sounds like you are having a great summer!

lizz5990 said...

That areseems a little odd that you in a Sunday school class with ladies that are still having babies, when you kids are grown and you are older

Leelee said...

Loved your pictures from the trip up north! My friends just went to Michael Buble and are still raving about it! We have tons of peaches also and I have lost count of the cobblers my son and his friends have obliterated...enjoy the next weeks before school starts...I hope they pass s l o w l y. . . .

debra said...

Toy Story 3 is the best of the Toy Story movies in my opinion. They have added Ken & Barbie and they are hilarious.

I like Kathie Lee too. I thought I was the only one. :)

Have fun @ Michael Buble. I think him, too!!

JasonBirk佳琪 said...

No one knows the weight of anothers burden. ............................................................

Heather said...

Glad you are home, there is something to be said for a homecooked meal when you haven't had one in a while! Sometimes nothing else will do! I cried at Toy Story 3 too, such a sweet movie!

柏強 said...

人因夢想而偉大,要堅持自己的理想哦..................................................................

Love Being a Nonny said...

I am a Kathie Lee fan too...always have been! Sounds like you are having a great summer! I love that your kids look like they are having a great time with you all being together! They have built-in friendships! Things change though when one of them get married. I know you missed Ashley! Continue enjoying your beautiful family! I still wonder how you stay so small!

petrii said...

Hi Betsy,
WOW I haven't been over in a while.... I've missed ya girl!!!

So glad to be checking in on you. I LOVE peaches this time of year. I'll have to try your recipe. It sounds so yummy.

Have a Blessed week,
Dawn