Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Attitude Adjustment

Steve and I just got back this afternoon from taking a little overnight trip. His parents are at the lake this week with some of his aunts and uncles and we actually kind of crashed their vacation! haha Steve just wanted to see his relatives while they were so close by (since they live in Mississippi!) It was a nice get away, even though it was really short. We did a little hiking and visited some beautiful waterfalls in Tallulah Falls, Georgia. But it is SOOOO hot here. It's hard to stay outside very long because the humidity is so high it's just miserable.

Here we are in front of one of the waterfalls. I obviously didn't know we were going hiking and I didn't wear the right kind of clothes or shoes!


We hiked up a trail to an overlook and this was the view from there! We were HIGH up!




Our house is pretty quiet this week since Ashley and Laura are at the beach with my brother and his family. And tomorrow Lindy is leaving to go up to New Jersey and New York with her boyfriend's family for a wedding. So I guess Mark will be all by himself with us for a few days.

He is lifeguarding this summer and today he came home so tired and sunburned. I hate for him to be out in this heat. It can make you so exhausted. I kind of fussed at him a little bit for not sitting under an umbrella!


All summer I have been praying these ten weeks off would be very restful for me and that when school started back, I would feel energized and excited about starting something new. At the beginning of the summer, I wasn't sure if that was going to happen. But now I am only about a month away from going back and I can tell my mind is starting to get in gear again. I got a text today from the grade level chair at my new school inviting our team over for a potluck dinner at her house so we could start thinking and planning together. When I saw that, I really got excited about meeting some new people and getting new ideas and motivation!

I have been very blessed this summer. I have gotten to go to some really fun places, get lots of sleep and rest, excercise, and eat healthier. (This is what I made for a snack today with some fresh basil I bought!)


I've also gotten to read a few good books, get some projects done, and spend time with friends and family. All these things have helped me get an attitude adjustment and get back in the right frame of mind, so I'm thankful for this time of year!!

I still have one more realllly fun trip coming up before school starts back, but I will tell you more about that later!! I hope you are staying cool and enjoying summer, too!

17 comments:

Fran said...

Love these pix and seeing what you've been up to! So happy for you.
Enjoy the last few weeks of summer. My kiddos start back on the 9th! How is that even possible?

Hugs,
Fran

Pam said...

Looks like a great trip. My tummy felt woozy just looking at the photo of the top of the mountain. As I get older my fear of heights just gets worse. Enjoy your last few weeks before school starts.
Pam

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Betsy, it sounds like you are having a wonderful summer. Glad you were able to visit family, even if it was a short trip. It will be fun meeting new people that you will be working with. I was reading some old posts today and thinking about what a great time we all had at the Beth Moore conference in Atlanta. I enjoyed meeting you and your sweet daughter. Glad she has started a blog. Love & blessings from NC!

Alex and Jill said...

You always look so great. I can't believe it's already time to start thinking about school starting.

The tomato/mozz/basil look yummy!!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

I always enjoy seeing your photos! What a great little 'get-away'. They never are long enough...are they.

Praying the remaining part of your summer vacation continues to be one that offers much rest, and relaxtion...before you head into the new school year.

Be blessed.

Lana said...

Can you believe it's almost time for school to start? I've already started shopping for school supplies! It'll be here before you know it!

Kathy said...

Betsy, I've been reading your blog for awhile, I really enjoy it. I also work at a school in the office, I can't believe it is time to go back, we return Aug. 13th. It is hot here in deep South Texas also, the humidity is awful. try to stay cool and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Jacquie said...

It's been fun just reading about your summer. I'm glad it's brought you some refreshment. Can't wait to hear about your next trip.

petrii said...

Betsy,
It sounds like your summer has been just GREAT!!! SO glad that you are getting to read. I have like 3 books ready to be read, I won one on a blog and just today I got my "Kind Diet" book in the mail today, so that's 5 books ready to be read. WOW I need to get on that =)

Have a Blessed evening,
Dawn

Melanie said...

Hi Betsy: You are meeting my daughter, Lana, next week in S.C. I am so excited that her blogging friends want to meet her.

Meagan said...

Girl, you are so much like me! The first month of summer I don't want to even think about school, but then when the second month comes school creeps up in my mind and I start to get so excited! :-) Your snack looks YUMMY! One of my favorites - with salt and fresh ground pepper! :-)

吳庭 said...

Prevention is better than cure.............................................................

原秋原秋 said...

一個人的快樂,不是因為他擁有的多,而是他計較的少。..................................................

jillans said...

Loved the pics. The waterfall was beautiful, as were the mountins. Right now we are experiencing Tropica Storm Bonnie. It's not too bad just some rain and wind in bands. I loved your outfit, practical or not :.

Karen said...

Your basil and tomatoes looked amazing, I am going to have to remember to buy some fresh basil the next time at the grocery store. This Summer has certainly been a hot one, hasn't it? I opened our back door just now and all of the mirrors on our wall just fogged up. That was certainly a first for me to see that!!! Have a great weekend.

Karen

Lauren Kelly said...

Girl, I would say you’ve had one heck of a summer!!!! Amazing trips and those pictures of the waterfall are GORGEOUS!!! :)

Kimberly said...

enjoy the rest of your summer!