Monday, May 10, 2010

Going Non-Stop

We have pretty much been going non-stop since Friday! Friday night Ashley asked me to go with her to the mall because Pioneer Woman was going to be there signing her book at Joseph-Beth Bookstore. I had really forgotten about it, but I decided to go along and take my cookbook since I really wanted to meet her! Well...the line was soooo long! We got there at 6:00 and didn't get to see her until around 10:00. We didn't have to actually stand in line the whole time, though. We did a little shopping and got some frozen yogurt and browsed around the mall until it was our turn.

I was so excited to meet P Dub (as she calls herself!). She was so sweet and talkative even though I know her cheeks must have been tired from smiling for so long. I appreciated that! I even got her to sign a cookbook for my mom for Mother's Day!

Here we are....


Saturday we went to a graduation party for our neighbor, Melissa. When we moved into this house in 2000, there were three families living right in a row. There was our family, then next door they had two boys, one a year younger than Ashley (Bobby)and one Mark's age (Michael). Then next to them was two girls...Kelsey (a year older than Mark) and Melissa (a year younger than Laura and Lindy). I know it's confusing, but basically we had stair-steps. So for the past 6 years in a row we have had someone graduating. And Melissa was the last little chick to be flying out of the nest! I feel like she is my own daughter sometimes! We are so happy for her and wish her the best. She is such a sweet girl!






Saturday afternoon, my kids made dinner for me. They ordered out BBQ and then made lots of yummy sides like broccoli salad and banana pudding! I was lazy and just read and took a nap. Saturday night we had Steve's mom and dad over for dinner on the porch.






For Mother's Day, I got some really cute clothes from Ann Taylor Loft and a beautiful hanging plant for my porch and an iTouch! I was so excited about that since I have been wanting one for a while! Steve is so good to me! :)

Sunday we went to church together, which I love. Then we ate lunch at Salsa's. That pretty much put me into a Mexican carb coma and I took another nap on Sunday afternoon!! When I woke up, we headed over to see my mom and give her her Mother's Day present and visit for a while.

It was a really nice Mother's Day. I feel like a mother again since everyone is home from college. Tonight I couldn't find some of my makeup so I went to look in Laura and Lindy's room. I think a makeup bomb went off in there! haha


And you know you're a mother back on duty when the laundry is stacked to the ceiling again! But it's all worth it. :) I am so blessed.

17 comments:

Jacquie said...

You ARE blessed! And your whole family is just beautiful ... inside and out!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

As the old saying goes, "you need to go back to work to rest" after that busy weekend. Sounds like you all had so much fun being with friends and family. Plus, getting to celebrate Mother's Day. I know you are loving having your girls home. Lauren was upset that she missed out on meeting Pioneer Woman. She works right near there, but did not know she was coming. Have a great week. Love & blessings from NC!

Mandi said...

The thought of all your children in the kitchen just melts my heart. What a sweet family!
I got an iTouch for my birthday and I LOVE IT!!! Dillan enjoys all of the apps I downloaded for him too. In fact we joke that he uses it more than me...HA!

Love Being a Nonny said...

We had plans to go see P Dub but at the last minute we had to cancel. Kinda glad now since the line was so long. Although, I HATE not getting to meet her!! Did she take the time to have her picture made with EVERY person?????

Happy Mother's Day!

Hillary said...

Your family is so cute!!! And I'm so jealous you met PW! Yea for having your kids home!!

Lauren Kelly said...

What a fun weekend!!!!! And that last picture cracked me up!!!! Typical girls in every since of the word!!! :)

Heather said...

How fun that you got to meet the Pioneer Woman!! And you got your picture taken with her, score!! It's a great pic too!! So happy for you that your girls are back home and your back to doing as much laundry as me! :) I know you are so enjoying that! So happy you had a great Mother's Day!! love you!!

Girl with the Curlz said...

So nice that everyone was home for Mother's Day!! That is wonderful. And how fun you got to meet the Pioneer Woman. She has such yummy recipes.

Megan L Hutchings said...

Sounds like a fantastic Mother's Day!

I am so jealous you got to meet P Dub. She looks so genuine!!!

Faith said...

I know this was such a special day for you with all your kiddos home! Love the pics of you and Ashley with PW - so fun!!

Deidre said...

I wanted to go see Ree Drummond, but just couldn't work it out.

May is just a busy, busy month. Summer will soon be here - yay!

Jenna said...

i have said it before and i will say it again - you have the cutest family!!! looks like lots of fun days...i am so glad you had a happy mother's day. hope you are having a GREAT week! love ya!

Lana said...

That's so neat that you were able to meet the Pioneer Woman!

Christal said...

That is so awesome you met the pioneer women I love her I;ve wanted that cookbook since it came out but I can't get it up here! yet! And what fun family outings you guys have the best family your always doing fun things together!

Alex and Jill said...

We had bar-b-q too...Mmmm!! And I love the Loft! That bathroom counter is out of control...haha!! To be a teenager again! :)

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day, which you totally deserved!!

sanjeet said...

The thought of all your children in the kitchen just melts my heart. What a sweet family!
post free classifieds

CurtisE_Walczak0531 said...

Many a true word is spoken in jest................................................................