Sunday, May 23, 2010

Counting Down

The countdown is on. In only 3 weeks, school will be OVER. Can I get an amen?? This last quarter of the year has seemed long to me and I am very ready for a break. And I am sooo excited that we are almost there!! Blogging has kind of taken a backseat lately for me. Hopefully this summer I am going to have much more time to devote to it, but for now, I am just going to hit the high spots...

1-These last few weeks have been really stressful for me at work, so I decided Friday that I needed a mental health day and I took one! And it was so great. I slept in and then Laura and Lindy and I went to one of our favorite little local restaurants called Cajun Yard Dog for lunch. They have the best fried catfish and blackened salmon and gumbo and stuff like that. It was delicious.

Then we went to see Letters To Juliet. I liked it alot. It is a cute "chick flick" and sweet.


This weekend was just what I needed. Feeling a little bit better now!

2-We are spending lots of time outside right now. Steve has been working so hard in the yard and it is really looking great.




He planted a hydrangea for me in our backyard a few weeks ago since it is probably my very favorite flower! It won't be long before it starts blooming. Yay!



I even do my schoolwork outside!


Rocky loves to be with us out on the porch. He thinks he is a person, y'all!


Today Steve and I got to play tennis for the first time in a long time. That was fun!

3-Steve and I went to Lowe's yesterday and I saw this book.


Have you ever seen it? While he was looking all over the store, I had a chance to browse through it and it has the CUTEST ideas!! I need to have a party or something so I can make some of these adorable things.

We recently had a County Fair in my class to celebrate the end of reading Charlotte's Web and one little girl brought these popcorn cupcakes from the book to enter for a blue ribbon.


Aren't they cute?

4-We have been making some fun summer plans. We had thought about going out to California, but that doesn't look like it's going to work out. So, we have decided to go up to the Northeast....like Boston and NYC and Baltimore and maybe Washington.

We will also go to Florida for sure since we love it down there and usually go several times a year.

And Steve and I have our 25th anniversary coming up in August, so we are still debating about what we want to do for that.

What are your summer plans??

I am so jealous of everyone who is already out of school! I am trying to just hang in there and make these last few weeks really fun and positive. I know the end will be here before I know it.

16 comments:

Lana said...

My countdown is on, too! We have this full week and next week are half days and I can't wait!! There seems to be sooooo much to do at the end of the year, too! I also love hydrangeas! Beauiful picture! My summer plans include bring little Easton into the world (in about 2 short weeks!), enjoying my time with him, and sneaking in a late summer trip to Orlando!

Becky said...

Hey girlie.....I was thinking about you today and thinking it shouldn't be long before you were out for summer. I remember when I used to work at high school...I was always excited for summer to get here!!!

Sounds like y'all have been really busy lately!!!

Sounds like you guys have lots of plans for the summer! Alvin and I went to Gulf Shores a few weeks ago and we are talking about going to Key West this summer and of course we spend most every weekend at the lake!

Jilly said...

My sister-in-law got the cupcake book last summer, and now, she and my nieces are cupcake queens. They have made just about everything in there, and it's amazing how 'real' some of them look! The most fun was when we made family tree cupcakes for my in-law's 45th wedding anniversary. :)

Heather said...

I just love your posts Betsy!! EVeryone has been talking about that movie, I want to go see it!! I love that picture of your sweet dog sitting in a big people chair! :) I bet your yard is looing fabulous, love hydranga's!! And I am so with you on wanting school to be out!! So close!!!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

As a former teacher, summer vacation was always something I looked forward to so much each year. Glad you are enjoying having your girls home for the summer. Hang in there, you will be out before you know it. I can't wait to see that movie. I hear it is good. I know you will love your hydrangea bush. Mine did not bloom for a few years after we planted it. Your trip up north sounds nice. You will love seeing that part of the country. No big plans for us this year, other than trips to the beach and the mountains. Love & blessings from NC!

Jacquie said...

It took me forever to figure out those popcorn cupcakes!!

I just knew you'd like "Letters to Juliet"!! I had the same opinion as you.

I laughed out loud at Rocky at the table. That is just so funny.

Hoping these next 3 weeks fly by for you...

petrii said...

WOW Three more weeks!!! That puts you out in like the second week of June? Is that right?!! Sorry friend. We got out on Friday, and now that makes Dak a Senior. Oh.my.word.

I LOVE hydrangeas and grow them as well.

Your summer sounds like all kinds of fun. We will probably hang around our cottage corner, but there is lots to do, and fun times to be had. So I am really looking forward to it.

Have a Blessed week Betsy,
Dawn

Nancy from OHIO said...

My Last Day Is Thursday!!!! So stressed right now but it will all get done! Summer plans are short trips here and there as we have an OLD Yellow Lab who needs special care so short trips only for us. Enjoy your countdown! Nancy from OHIO

Fran said...

Hey girl...Its my first day of summer here and it feels weird to not be rushing out the door at 7:30. However, we will be going back long before you and i'll be jealous of your schedule! Ha!

Love the dog at the table. LOVED IT!

Have a great day!

Faith said...

I'm jealous of all your fun summer plans! Man, what I wouldn't give to have summers off ;-) You deserve a nice break though and I'm so glad it's getting closer and closer!

Lauren Kelly said...

Girl, hang in there. Sounds like you have LOTS to look forward to this summer!!!! :)

Ginger said...

AMEN girl...can't wait for school to be out. Your yard is looking so pretty.

Love Being a Nonny said...

I envy your back porch...really, I do! Have a great summer with your kids!!

懿綺 said...

may the blessing be always with you!! ...............................

Christal said...

Your yard looks amazing!! Sounds like you have a lot of fun things coming up for summer to look forward too!! I love that cupcake book I have and made those puppies last year for Masen's birthday so cute! Hope your having a great week!!

Lisa said...

My youngest daughter's last day is tomorrow! Hooray!

I love hydrangeas too. I planted four of them a few years back and could not wait for them to bloom. I did not know that the deer were stalking them and were waiting for them to bloom too. One night they completely mowed them down. They ate every leaf and flower. We had to replace them with boring ever greens. :(