Sunday, May 16, 2010

Barbeques, Birthdays, and Babies In The Sink

This week was one of those weeks that feels like you are on a rollercoaster ride. Lots of ups and downs. Life gets like that sometimes. So...we'll start with an "up"....

Steve took Laura and Lindy with him to Florida for most of the week on business. They went to Clearwater and Tampa and had fun without me. haha Really, I'm glad they had a good time, but I sure did wish I could have gone! Doesn't this look like fun??















Meanwhile, I stayed here and held down the fort with Mark. This week has been a really hard week for our school system. Due to huge budget cuts, lots of teachers and positions have been cut or moved around. I will tell you more about everything later, but let's just say it's been a really difficult week! So that has been a "downer". But...I am thankful that I have a job and I know God has me where He wants me so I am just trying to stay positive and move forward with an open mind.

Anyway...since no one was here to celebrate Ashley's birthday last Tuesday, we decided to celebrate it last night. We had both sets of grandparents over and grilled out hamburgers. We sat on the porch and had a fun night together. I told Ashley that she is turning 23 and that is how old I was when I had her!










Today we had another birthday party for my neice Brooklyn who just turned 1! She is like a little china doll and was so cute at her party. She loved her cupcakes!! Can you tell? haha



Here are a few other pictures of the party. This is my other sweet neice, Bailey.


My dad with Brooklyn...


Here is Brooklyn with her mommy, Britney...


She was so covered with icing after her cupcakes that we put her in the sink for a bath. Is there anything cuter than a baby in a sink???







And the fun continued tonight! We had another cookout at my next door neighbor's house with three families. We got to sit out on their deck and just relax and visit and it was so nice. I am so thankful for my family and friends. Despite the ups and downs of life, I feel so blessed. God takes care of me and blesses me every day.

16 comments:

Michele said...

Our school system is looking at lots of cuts too. Scary!

Ann said...

you have such a great outlook on the situation! my school district is facing cuts too. the district actually voted to shorten both this school year and the next school year by a couple of weeks which helped 60 teachers to keep their jobs.

Jacquie said...

I'm sorry about the things that are happening with your school system. It's been tough in our town... since we're a manufacturing town.

Hope you have an all UP week!!

Hillary said...

The sink pictures are sooooooo cute!!!! What a doll!

petrii said...

Betsy,
I am so sorry about the cuts. I found out just today that a beloved teacher at our High School was force to take an early retirement. So sad!!! So many departments are being cut.

WOW Florida looks like a lot of fun indeed!!! And those pics of the b-day party of just so precious!!

Have a Blessed week friend,
Dawn

Whitney said...

So sorry about the budget cuts! I luckily haven't heard about cuts here in TX, which I'm very grateful for!

Florida looked like so much fun! So sorry that you didn't get to go, but I'm glad your girls and hubby had some great father/daughter time together!

Girl with the Curlz said...

Sorry to hear about the cuts at school. There is a lot of that going on all over. Sad. The little birthday girl looks adorable. I love her curly hair :-)

Lauren Kelly said...

What a fun weekend. Great pics!! And boo you didn’t get to go to FL, you could have seen me, haha!! :)

Alex and Jill said...

You have such a beautiful family!

Heather said...

Well it looks like your girls had a great time with their daddy! I would have wanted to go to the beach too! Happy birthday to Ashley!

Lana said...

Our school district is also facing lots of cuts! I'm so thankful to have a job for next year!

Laurie said...

So sweet that your girls went on a trip with their Daddy! Your family is beautiful!

Fran said...

So much to be thankful for!! Such a beautiful family! I'm thankful for your job too...seems like so many are having to make cuts.

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Fran

Christal said...

you have such a great family your all so close and do such fun bonding things together I love it!! Sorry about budget cuts they always suck! Hope all is good!

Love Being a Nonny said...

He DOES take good care of you. Aren't we blessed?!

LOVE that L and L went on a trip with their dad. They will always remember those memories!

I know this is a busy time for you at school....It's almost over! Have a great few last days....did that make sense?:)

Ginger said...

What a sweet, sweet family!!