Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Wanna Soak Up The Sun

Today was a busy day. At school we had a field trip. We took 150 second graders to the city of Matthews (a little suburb of Charlotte) to learn more about communities. One of the places we went to was an old fashioned hardware store where they have live baby chicks and big bags of seed and lots of wonderful smelling herbs and flowers in their hot house. We went some other places, too, but the hardware store was my favorite part of the day.




We got to walk around outside most of the day, too, and it was absolutely gorgeous!! I decided right then that I was going to come home after school and soak up as much of this pretty sunshine and warm weather as I could.

When I got home, I went straight out onto my porch which is probably my favorite part of our house. I could just hang out there all the time! I poured me a tall glass of coke and ice and I took my book, A Lineage Of Grace and got all comfy in my chair and it was perfect.




Rocky likes to hang out with me, too. His collar is off because for some reason he has been rolling in some kind of animal poop in the yard somewhere?? I'm not sure if it's from a deer or raccoon or rabbit or what, but he reeeeeeks when he comes inside so he's had about 20 baths this week!


My porch and backyard are so peaceful. I can hear the birds tweeting and the wind in the trees and I think my blood pressure comes down about 10 points when I step out there! Steve has been working really hard lately in the yard and it is looking so pretty.






For dinner, Steve and I decided to meet at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. I was getting ready to leave and went to put my shoes on. I had taken them off right when I got home in the kitchen. When I looked down, this is what I saw...


Only one shoe!

I knew Rocky had taken the other one somewhere so I started looking everywhere for it. Guess where it was??


Yep...he grabbed it and took it out in the yard! He is crazy!

Dinner was delicious and when we got home there was still some pretty sunshine left, so we decided to take a walk to enjoy the rest of the day.

It was such a nice day. I wish it was Friday, but we only have one day to go!! Hope you're having a good week!

14 comments:

Jilly said...

You know...I've been itching to get out of town, and now I know exactly where I want to go -- YOUR PORCH!!! Hello, serenity! What a very lucky gal you are! Fun to see the sign about ladybugs, too -- I've been doing a little nursery rhyme with my preschoolers about ladybugs, and they love it. Lastly, your dog makes me laugh. :)

Lauren Kelly said...

Seriously, we need a bloggy meet-up on your porch.... A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!

Meghan said...

I am new to your blog and just love reading it. You are going to have to share your secret. You look way to young to have grown kids. Do you wear sunscreen everyday? You look great!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Glad you are having a great week. I love your porch too. I would spend all my time out there for sure. Wish we were all heading to Atlanta again tomorrow. Wasn't that a wonderful trip? My girls and I had the best time. Have a great weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

Alex and Jill said...

Okay, I have back porch envy. LOVE!! I'm showing Alex pics and begging for one like yours! Haha!

And the shoe thing is hilarious!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Can I please come to your porch and just visit with you? Is so beautiful and looks so incredibly PEACEFUL!

Heather said...

Um, I want your back porch!! I want to come and hang out with you and just sit there all day!

Love Being a Nonny said...

YOUR PORCH is calling my name. It looks so inviting...I love it! Hope you rested on it plenty this weekend and that you have a great week!

Jacquie said...

That's so funny about Rocky and your shoe!!! Hilarious.

I'm SO happy for you that your house is fixin' to be loud and full of kids again. (a little jealous, too!)

Have a great week... you're wrapping up another year. :)

惠IdellA_Fecteau1231蘋 said...

Necessity is the mother of invention.......................................................

Christal said...

I LOVE your house oh my gosh!! your porch is to die for! love it!!!

Leigh Ann said...

Your porch looks like a piece of heaven. Wish I could come over! =)

Alise Nettles said...

haha! That is too funny what Rocky did! It's like having a little toddler in your house! =)

sanjeet said...

shoe thing is hilarious!
post free classifieds