Monday, April 5, 2010

Day Trip To Boone

Today we took a little trip to Boone for the day. Laura had to get back to school so we decided to drive up with her to have some fun and see where she was going to live next year. Ashley went with us, too.

And, can I just say that the Lord has blessed us with absolutely gorgeous weather so far this Spring Break? It was even almost hot today in the mountains. That is saying alot after the extremely cold and snowy winter they just had!


When we got there we ate at a really yummy restaurant called Our Daily Bread. If you are ever in Boone, I would definitely recommend it. I got a turkey reuben and roasted red pepper bisque and it was delicious!!

We had lots of fun just walking around campus and seeing where Laura was going to live next year.

Then we drove to the top of a mountain that overlooked campus and had fun taking some silly jumping pictures.




My kids definitely keep me young! haha

After that we stopped at a little coffee shop called BeansTalk and got some iced amaretto coffee. Here is Steve just relaxing on the couches at BeansTalk...


Then we headed to Blowing Rock to just walk around and shop and enjoy the sunshine...



We found a new store in Blowing Rock today that was so pretty! It was called Poppy's and oh.my.word. It was decked out for spring like you wouldn't believe. It was about 4-5 rooms of wall-to-wall decorations and flowers. I loved it! We go to Blowing Rock alot, so I can't wait to go back and see what they do for each season!! I took a few pictures inside...




These pictures don't really do it justice. It was just so spring-y and whimsical.

We had such a fun day. Tomorrow Ashley and I are off to Charleston for the day! Plus I want to watch the Duke vs. Butler game tonight, so I better get going! I want to pull for the ACC, but it's hard not to pull for Butler just because they are such an underdog and I love their coach's story! Either way it will be a great game!

10 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the 3 of you jumping in the air. What a great shot! I am glad you are having such a great Spring Break. It is so neat to read all the memories you make with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love Boone and Blowing Rock! What a gorgeous day for y'all to go. I can tell you had a wonderful time!

    Love the Easter pics too - such a beautiful family you have!

    Enjoy your week off =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you fun girls!! I love the jumping picture!! The weather looked beautiful!! Hey, I just wanted to tell you that I didn't delete you as a friend on FB, I went off of it completely for a while, but will be back on at some point! So glad you had fun with your girls, love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the jumping photo! That's so cute! Have fun in Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great trip!!!! I love the jumping picture - lol! I think that picture just fits you and your girls! Y'all have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't live very far from Boone, so I know you must have had beautiful weather. That is such a pretty area anyway. So glad you had a fun day! Can't wait to see the Charleston pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your pictures bring back so many great memories of my 4 years at APP! What an incredible place. GO App! Love that dad was in full attire. Way to support the team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mrs. Maddox,
    First. I loveeee your blog not only is it soo cute, its so interesting. Second. i love how Mr. Maddox has all his AppState gear on! Go APPS! Third. I have enjoyed getting to know laura this year. She keeps me grounded and my Christian beliefs always in my thought process! I thought I would let you know she is an awesome friend!

    cheers,
    ali

    ReplyDelete
  9. so fun you guys have the funnest trips!! I want to know how you stay in shape so good you are beautiful!! and what beautiful scenery! and a great day spent together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betsy,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Boone to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)