Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Birthday Fun

Well, after my super fun weekend in Atlanta, I came home for my birthday on Sunday. It was a little different this year since most of my kids are off at college, but it was still really nice!

On Thursday night, we went out to dinner at Mama Ricotta's with my parents and John and Ashley. Why on earth I didn't get a picture, I don't know!? But it was a fun night and I loved getting to visit with them. We were also celebrating the fact that John got a job!! That is very exciting news! Anyway...my parents treated us to dinner and got me some really great books to read. I love to read, but unfortunately I feel like I never have enough time. But now I have something to look forward to this summer.

I got the new Jodi Picoult book called House Rules. I am excited about reading this because it is about autism. I have had several students who were on the spectrum of autism and it is fascinating to me to learn more about it.


I also got a book by one of my favorite authors, Elizabeth Berg.


She never disappoints me and I know I will love this book!

Then I got the new book by Kitty Kelly about Oprah. I am curious about this book because what on earth can you dig up on Oprah?? She tells all her own secrets I feel like!! What is there new to know? I guess I will find out! haha


Friday we left for Atlanta and we got back Saturday night. When I got home, I think I told you how much work Steve did in our yard? Everything looked great. He had planted azaleas...




and knock-out roses everywhere and they look so good.


That was a nice gift to come home to!

Steve also got me roses (plus just some little things). He got me roses for my 16th birthday and that was the beginning of our relationship (30 years ago!!) and I think he has gotten me roses almost every single year since. :)


For lunch we went to Five Guys with Ashley and got some hamburgers. It just so happened that we met some of our friends there so we ended up eating lunch with them!

All day I got lots of Facebook messages from so many friends and lots of sweet phone calls. Then for dinner Steve took me to Carrabas. That is one of my favorite restaurants!


I got their sauteed scallops with spinach risotto. Oh.my.word. It was de-licious!


Then on Monday, my class gave me a birthday party at school! We had cupcakes and they gave me a gift card to Ann Taylor Loft. You know I loved that! Yay!

It was such a good birthday and I feel very blessed!

16 comments:

Ginger said...

Sounds like you had a great day. I've heard that "House Rules" is a great book.

Mandi said...

So much fun in one weekend! I'm glad you had an extra special day.

Aishlea and Brandon said...

Hope you had a great birthday! It was so nice to meet you and Ashley in Atlanta! :)

Lauren Kelly said...

Awwww, so glad it was a special birthday for a special lady!!!! Love ya Betsy!! )

Alex and Jill said...

You're such a pretty Momma!

It's funny you mentioned calling me by my blog name. I had several bloggers that introduced themselves by their blog name instead of their actual name!! LOL

Faith said...

Carrabba's AND Mama Ricotta's in one weekend?!? You are a lucky girl =) So glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Erin said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday. It looks like you have some good reading ahead of you. Elizabeth Berg is one of my new favorite authors.

BTW--I found you through Kelly's Korner. You have a lovely blog!

Heather said...

So glad you you had a great birthday! I love all the flowers, they are beautiful! You will have to tell us about that Oprah book, I am curious!! That food looks delish, I am starved now!!!

Lana said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! You'll have to tell us if you enjoy those books when you get a chance to read them!

Deidre said...

Sounds so nice!
Happy Birthday, Betsy!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Hey Betsy. I am Lauren and Adelaide's Mom and we sat in front of you at the conference this weekend. I enjoyed getting to meet you and Ashley. I was a pre-school teacher for 16 years and I also married my high school sweetheart. We will celebrate 34th wedding anniversary on May 15th. The girls and I had the best time at the conference. We drove home on Saturday too. I saw your picture and comment on Deidre's blog. We are blog friends. Take care and have a wonderful week. Love & blessings from NC!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I forgot to wish you a happy birthday. It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration. I signed up to be a follower. Love & blessings from NC!

Carrie B said...

That sounds like a great Birthday!
A lot of eating... but great! :)

Emily said...

Love love love Jodi Picoult! And happy belated birthday!

Laurie said...

Gift card to Ann Taylor..that is awesome.
The lady at the cat shelter is trying to find the sweetest cat in the world for us.
She said something about needing to put some animal in a cage before we got there.
Glad you had a great Birthday!!!!

Alise Nettles said...

Happy Late Birthday! Looks like you had a great time/weekend! See you soon!