Sunday, April 25, 2010

Beth Moore, Blogging Friends, and Birthday Fun!

Goodness...I don't know where to start. This weekend has been filled with so much fun and so many blessings. I guess I will start way back on Thursday. That was my last day at school this week because I took Friday off to go the the Beth Moore "So Long Insecurity" conference in Atlanta this weekend. Anyway...Thursday was a Planning Day for our second grade team and they were so sweet. They gave me this carrot cake for my birthday (which is today)! Yum. I love me some carrot cake and I love my team. They are so supportive and encouraging and thoughtful and fun. Yep...they are the BEST!



So....about two or three months ago, one of my very first blogging friends, Caroline, told me about a Beth Moore conference that was coming up in April in Atlanta. It looked like a lot of fun and she was going to be there along with some of my other first blogging friends, Kelly and Faith, so I decided to go! Well, as the time went on, more and more bloggers joined in and soon it became pretty much a HUGE blogging party! Ashley decided to go with me and Friday we headed to ATL to join the fun!

Of course, on the way, we had to stop for some blizzards at Dairy Queen!


When we got there we checked into our hotel and went to dinner at Copeland's. We used to have one in Charlotte near my house, but it went out of business so I was excited to eat there again!

When we got back to the hotel, it was such a nice night. We decided to hang out by the pool for a while where we met some other bloggers who were staying at our hotel, too. While we were talking, all my sweet friends rolled up and we had a big hugging party together. It is so much fun hearing everyone's voices and seeing how cute they are in real life. To me, it wasn't awkward at all and I felt like I had just met up with lifelong friends. It was so easy to talk together. We all just hung out in the hotel for a while talking and visiting and taking pictures.
I got to meet Jill and Mandi too!


The next morning, we got some Starbucks and headed over to the conference early so we could get a parking spot. The conference was at First Baptist Church of Woodstock, GA. And oh.my.word. that church is HUGE!! It was really like a college campus! When they said we would be in the "overflow" room, I was picturing a gym or fellowship hall. No...this place was like a whole other sanctuary!


Getting there an hour early was the perfect opportunity to visit together and take tons of pictures again. Some of the girls there were blogging friends of mine for at least about 2 years now so they are who I feel like I know the best.

Here I am with Caroline. I had the BEST time meeting her in person this weekend. She is just as sweet and funny and bubbly and precious as I knew she would be! I love her so much.


I also got to hang out with Faith (who actually designed this blog). She is so pretty and sweet and down to earth. I had the best time talking with her this weekend and I am glad we both live in Charlotte. I hope we can get together again before too long! LOVED her!!



And it was fun talking to Kelly who may have been the first blogger I ever read. She was a celebrity y'all. Everyone wanted to say hi to her and take a picture at the conference and she was so sweet to everyone. And this is probably the WORST picture I have ever taken. It was raining all day and so humid and sticky and that does not make for good hair, but it is what it is...


Now, in addition to these friends I've had for a long time, I also got to meet and talk with some of my newer blog friends. Jenna is my twitter friend and she and Caroline are great friends in the blog world and in real life. I was so happy I finally got to meet Jenna! She is so funny and sweet and I loved her. Two awesome girls...



Jennifer, Laurie, Hillary, and Amanda all came to the conference with Kelly. Those Arkansas girls are all so cute and friendly. I had a great time hanging out with them! Here are Laurie, Amanda, Mandi (who is from Florida), and Jennifer.


I can't believe I don't have a picture of Hillary because she is just as cute as can be!

The conference was wonderful with good music by Travis Cottrell and, of course, Beth Moore was great as always.

I was sad that we couldn't stay and hang out after the conference and go to dinner, but we had to get back. I have so much to do to get ready for the week. I was ready to get a good night's sleep in my own bed and to see Steve, too! He was so sweet while I was gone and got all my laundry done for me and planted tons of azaleas and knock-out roses in our yard. It looks so good.

Today is my birthday! I have already been spoiled and I have some fun planned for tonight. I will tell you all about it tomorrow!

21 comments:

Jilly said...

Happy, happy birthday to you! I also feel like I know all of these girls in real life; I read their blogs, too. Wish I could've been there. :)

Yes -- your team seems like THE BEST! What a huge blessing that is!

Ashley said...

How fun that you got to meet a lot of your blogging friends!! It sounds like you had a blast! :)

Love Being a Nonny said...

Darn it! I should have been there. I read all their blogs!!

Happy Happy Birthday to one of my favorite bloggers!!!

petrii said...

Happy Birthday Betsy!!

Sounds like the weekend was fabulous!!! Can't wait to hear more.

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

Melissa said...

Happy birthday!!!

Lauren Kelly said...

Soooooo glad I got to meet you!!!!! Loved the recap. I am going to have so much fun reading all the recaps from the weekend on all the blogs!!! Love ya!! :)

Michele said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!! Have a wonderful day! I'm so glad you had a fun trip!

Mandi said...

It was SO fun meeting you and Ashley this weekend...the two of you are just adorable and look so much alike! Betsy, that picture of me with the Arkansas girls is very embarrassing...I had just stuck a piece of gum in my mouth and didn't have time to hide it before it was taken...oh.my.word. As Kelly and Laurie would say "I am CHAWED:)

Happy Birthday!

Beth S. said...

I stumbled on your blog from catching up on the bloggers going to see Beth Moore. I"m also in Charlotte and love reading your blog! You have such a beautiful family!!! It's so much fun recognizing the sights from Charlotte. I also went to ASU, so I really enjoy seeing your pictures from Boone, too. Happy birthday!

Faith said...

What a weekend!! Oh, it was so much fun to meet you and Ashley (finally!) and be able to worship beside you two. You both are so fun, sweet and just beautiful! So glad y'all were able to come. It was a time I will not soon forget!

Laurie said...

I loved meeting you this weekend. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

I loved meeting you and Ashley this weekend! You are both just precious!!

I hope you had a great birthday!

Kelly said...

I LOVED meeting you and Ashley and ya'll were as cute and sweet in person as I imagined! I just love your family!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Betsy! I meant to comment last night when I read this and forgot to come back and do that!! I love seeing all these pictures!! What a wonderful weekend you had!!! So glad you got to do this, great memories!!!! Love this post!

Mom Can I? said...

I hope you had a fabulous birthday!!! Love that you got to see all your bloger friends!!! and hang with "famous" kelly. what a neat weekend!!!

Alex and Jill said...

I'm so glad that I was able to meet you and Ashley. You're both so cute!! I've added you to my sidebar, so that I can keep up with you and your precious family. :)

((HUGS))

Lana said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Sounds like you had a blast meeting blog friends!

Christal said...

First happy birthday!!!! Hope you had a great day. Second what a fun conference and to meet all the fun bloggers in real life so fun!! Glad you had fun!

Christa said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like such a fun weekend!

Fran said...

I'm so glad you had such a fabulous time!! I think the weekend was a blast for us all!! The pix are great and i hope you had a happy, happy birthday too!

Hugs,
Fran

Leigh Ann said...

Happy Birthday Betsy!
I miss you!

Love, Leigh Ann