Thursday, March 11, 2010

Slacker

I know I have been a serious blogging slacker lately. I think it's just been a combination of being so busy and then when I do have a free minute, not really wanting to be "plugged in". I love blogging and I wish I had more time to do it, but sometimes if I have to make a choice about how to spend my time, I have to choose something else over being on the computer. You know what I mean, right?

I wanted to give you an update on Steve's mom. The surgery went really well. She is doing as well as she could be doing at this point. I think she may even go home tomorrow and she is in really good spirits! Thank you so much for praying for her. That really is one of the very best things about blogging. I love how everyone lifts each other up and encourages each other.

Anyway...guess what I saw yesterday? The redbud trees were blooming!!!


I was driving home last night and my heart really started beating fast when I saw it. (That's pretty sad!) They are always the first ones to bloom and make us so hopeful that spring is just around the corner. I haven't seen any daffodils yet, but I know they must be coming up any minute.

I have been so mad at myself this week because my camera battery has been dead and I keep forgetting to charge it! But tonight all my kids were home so we all went out to dinner at Carrabas. We sat a big round table and just had the best time being together. It seems like it has been so long since we have done that! I love having all my kids home together. I wish I could have taken some pictures.

Tomorrow is Friday! I am really looking forward to the weekend. I have a baby shower to go to and I am taking dinner to Steve's mom on Saturday night. What is your favorite thing to take to someone who has had a baby or surgery, etc? Other than that I am planning on enjoying hanging out with Laura and Lindy before they have to go back to school on Sunday and just being lazy.

Hope it's been a good week for you!

5 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN...I FEEL LIKE SUCH A SLACKER!

If I looked out my window and saw redbuds, my heart would literally jump out of my chest from excitement :). Next Saturday is the first day of Spring...YIPPEE!

Lana said...

I'm glad that the surgery went well!

Meagan said...

Hey beautiful! I am BACK! The computer is FINALLY fixed and back on my lap! lol. I am going to catch up on all the posts I have missed and I have really missed you!

I love redbud trees when they bloom and I am excited that spring is arriving!!!! I had to break out the AC in the car a few times this week! YAY!

Heather said...

I love redbud trees. We had 3 in our front yard in TN. :( It's the little things I miss!

So glad to hear that the surgery went well!! been praying for y'all!

Jacquie said...

I've been doing more blog reading than writing in the past few months.

Glad to hear Steve's mom is doing well. Enjoy your Sunday.