Sunday, March 21, 2010

Making Plans and Saying Goodbye

Well, our pretty weather didn't stick around. Today it is raining and chilly outside. Church was really good this morning though and we went to Pei Wei for lunch. That was my first time ever going there and I really liked it. I heard it was owned by the same people who own PF Changs. Well...no wonder I liked it! I love PF Changs!! I will definitely be going back.

Mark had to leave to back to school today. Boo!! Spring Break went by too fast. Rocky is going to miss him. He loves it when Mark throws the ball with him.


I am going to miss him too!


We've been watching so much basketball this weekend. It's not looking too good for the ACC. I think only Duke is left??

And we have been really interested in the voting on the Health Care Bill. It sure has been a heated debate! What do you think about it?

I have a few things I am thinking about this week...

First of all, Mark's 20th birthday is on Thursday. I won't be able to be with him this year for the first time ever. But Steve is going to Raleigh on business so he is planning on taking Mark out to dinner and he can take his birthday presents to him, too.


I am thinking I need to make this dessert this week. I haven't had it in a long time and I just thought of it today and it sounded really good to me.


Steve and I are planning a family trip to California as soon as school is out.


Steve and I have been there before but we have never taken the kids. We are going to go to Los Angeles, San Fransisco, Napa, Carmel, Yosemite, and Sequoia. We are trying to get it all planned out this week and book all the flights, etc. If you have ever been and have any good recommendations for anything, let me know!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

This week was my Spring break too and it did go by way too fast! But, that means summer break is on the way!!

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

YAY for Cali! I don't know if you remember or not but Matt and I moved here from Napa, CA. There are a couple of fun things I would recommend. First, Rutherford Grill. It's off of HWY 29, right outside of Napa. It's a great family restaurant and the ribs are the BEST! Also, The Wine Train is a great way to see the valley. It's huge with tourists. Also, in SF, there is a 49 mile tour that takes you through all the major sights in the city. We used to go to SF at least twice a month and we loves taking that drive. AND, you HAVE to go to Alcatraz if you haven't been there before. Let me know if you have any questions! We love CA!

Lana said...

Our weather sounds about the same! It was beautiful yesterday and today it's been cloudy and chilly! A family trip to California sounds like a blast!

Cherit said...

Hi,
We call your dessert Dream Pie here in Arizona. It is definitely a family favorite! We spent a few days last summer in and around L.A. We also went down to San Diego for a week. Make sure you make it down to the Grove. It was a lot of fun.

Julie said...

We love Pei Wei!!! And I love that dessert!! I wish I lived closer and I would just invite my self over for a sample! :)

Jacquie said...

You're going to be all over California. I grew up in Orange County... you'll be in my neck of the woods. Disney has fireworks every night during the summer (at least I think they still do). We LOVED that as kids... you could see them from our house.