Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Mark!

Mark, I can't believe you are turning 20 today!! How on earth did that happen so fast? It seems like just yesterday you were little and now you're officially in your 20's! I am sad and happy at the same time.

I will always remember when you were born. It was a windy March day and we were out flying a kite with Ashley when I went into labor. It seems only fitting that you were born in the middle of March Madness. Maybe that's why you love basketball so much. Daddy was watching game after game while I was doing all the hard work to get you here!


You weren't even walking yet when you became an NC State fan. And now you go to school there!




You were always the cutest thing and you were such a good brother. Still are! Your sisters love you!!











You started out really young loving to play cowboys and Indians.


You were a HUGE Davy Crockett fan and you loved playing with guns.


Guess that's still pretty much the same, too!


And you have always had fun hanging out at the beach and in Florida. I love all our fun memories there!




You have always been so much fun to hang out with and brought so much humor and laughter to our family.






You have been such a blessing to all of us and we all love you sooooo much!! I am so thankful that God gave you to us. I know He has big plans for your life and I am excited to see what the next years are going to bring. Happy Birthday to my sweet boy!!

11 comments:

petrii said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!!

Betsy,
What a sweet post to your beautiful son!! Nothing like a mom and her boy.

Have a Blessed evening,
Dawn

His Doorkeeper said...

Betsy, that was so sweet! Boys are so special to their Moms! Mark is a cutie! That #20 comes pretty quickly, doesn't it?

Lana said...

What a great post about your son! Happy birthday, Mark!

Jilly said...

Your posts are always so fun to read, and what great pictures! Today is a special day, indeed.

Christal said...

aww I love this post!! You are the best mom and have such great kids!!
Seriously just love your blog!!!
Happy Birthday Mark!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to your boy!! I love all these pictures!! Mark is going to make some lucky lady very happy one day!!! Hope he had a wonderful day!

Love Being a Nonny said...

I love how you love and honor your children! Happy birthday to your boy! There's nothing like a son!

I am having a give away today!

Kelley said...

So sweet Betsy! Happy Birthday to Mark.

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a sweet post! I loved all of the pics you included :)

Meagan said...

What a great post! Hope it was a very happy birthday!! :-) I loved all the pictures... especially the one of the twins and Mark at the pool - ADORABLE!

Jacquie said...

I love this post, Betsy, and how you share so much of who Mark is to y'all!! I hope Mark had a great birthday. Kale's 23rd was on the 31st... and he loved March Madness, too!