Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Day Of Spring

Today was the first day of spring and it sure did live up to everything I love about this season! I think it was about 77 degrees here today and just absolutely gorgeous. Everything is starting to bloom now...forsythia bushes and redbud trees and little green buds on everything. :) I bet it will only be another week or two before the dogwoods and azaleas start blooming and then the pollen will be 3 inches thick, but it will be so pretty.

This week has been a little rough with daylights savings time! Uuugghhh. I am not a fan of getting up in the middle of the night! Has it been hard on you? But at least I got to sleep in this morning and it was great. Thank goodness for Saturdays!! Once I got up I started getting a few things ready for a Sip and See that I had at my house this afternoon. Sip and Sees are like a baby shower after the baby is born. I told Mark I was hosting a Sip and See today and he said, "What in the world is a Sip and See?" And Steve said, "It's kind of like when guys have an Eat and Watch!" haha

Here are a few pictures from today...




Here is the girl who we gave the Sip and See for....Nikki and her baby Campbell. Campbell was born right before Christmas but she is such a tiny little thing!


Here is my sister-in-law Britney and me with Nikki. We hosted the Sip and See together...


Ashley got to love on Campbell a little bit. Keely is Nikki's sister and one of Ashley's good friends...


These are just a few of the girls who came. We had about 15-20 people so it was fun!



Mark has been here all week on his Spring Break but he has to go back to school tomorrow. He asked me if I would cook him a steak tonight before he leaves, so we grilled out. Ashley and John came over for dinner, too, and we watched some March Madness. I didn't fill out a bracket this year. I think Baylor is doing really well so maybe I should pull for them since I went there! :)

Tomorrow I think the weather is supposed to get much cooler so I am glad I got to enjoy this amazing day. I hope you are having a good weekend!

4 comments:

Cherit said...

The flowers on the table are gorgeous! Glad that you had a nice spring day!

Love Being a Nonny said...

A *Sip and See* is my favorite kind of shower because you get to see the baby. She is precious and everything looked beautiful. Isn't this NC weather great?!!!

Ashley said...

I have never heard of a Sip and See before. How creative! :) Looks like you guys had so much fun!

Lana said...

It was beautiful here yesterday, too! I've never heard of a "Sip and See" either! That's neat though, so you can see the baby!