Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Snowy Valentines Weekend

Yesterday was a fun day at school. We had our Valentines party and everyone brought cute little valentines to pass out to their friends. They also brought gifts to me. I got flowers...


and candy...and one sweet little boy gave me this pretty bracelet. It said, "With God all things are possible."



These are the valentines I passed out to my class...


Here are a few pictures of our party...






Last night Laura and Lindy came home for the weekend. Lindy brought us some cute heart shaped donuts that she had won at a Campus Crusade event at school the night before. Mmmm!!




About the time Laura got here, it started snowing! I think the snow is following her! haha It snowed all night until about 11:00. I had put a roast in the crockpot for dinner so we had that with mashed potatoes and veggies. That was Lindy's request! After dinner we watched the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics. I love watching that! It was really interesting to learn all about Canada and Vancouver plus I enjoy seeing all the faces of the athletes from around the world.

When we woke up this morning, I think there must have been about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground. It was so pretty! This is what our deck looked like...


John and Ashley came over to hang out and play in the snow. Here is the cute snowman they built with Laura and Lindy...




Here are a few other pictures of our snow day...






We were laughing because Lindy didn't bring any shoes to wear, so she put on Steve's shoes to go out in the snow! haha




The best thing about this snow day was that the roads weren't bad and we didn't have to stay "home-bound"! Cabin fever can set in quick when that happens!

After we played in the snow, Lindy went to get her hair highlighted and I took Laura and Ashley to lunch at Rusty's Deli. I love their turkey ruebens!




It was a fun day. Steve took me out tonight for Valentine's Day, but I will tell you all about that tomorrow! :)

I hope you are having a good Valentine's weekend!

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet class. That's funny about Lindy's boots... I had to do the same thing when we had our snow... all I have are snow shoes and the snow was too deep for them, so I used Tyler's size 10 men's snow boots. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bracelet your student gave you. How pretty! Roast, mashed potatoes, and veggies sounds delcious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! I love that bracelet. So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet gifts your kids brought you, just an added bonus to being a teacher right?! :) And that snow, that glorious snow!! Love it and y'alls snowman and the snow pics. What a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't snow just bring out the kid in everyone? :-)

    I am so glad you had a good Valentine's weekend and some pretty snow to go with it!

    I have to tell you, Chris and I were at 5 Guy's yesterday and for whatever reason (I *think* you might have blogged about that place before?) I suddenly thought of you and Steve! I though about how neat it would be if we lived closer and y'all walked in and sat down to have lunch with us! :-) I just know that would be SO fun! If I ever get up your way, you better bet you'll be getting a phone call!

    Have a great week beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun family times you guys always have! So glad to see The Queen City get snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend. Love the bracelet..that is so sweet Oh and your snow day looked like so much fun!! Hope you are having a great weeK. We are enjoying the olympics too.. I love watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun class you have and a beautiful braclet too! and heart shaped donuts wow! Love all the fun snow pics too! and lovin watching the olympics! Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)