Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday, Monday

So...how was your weekend? Ours was good! Friday night we didn't do much. I made a pork chop recipe that I found in the January Southern Living (it's right up my alley--made with pepper jelly and jalepenos!)


...and we just rented a movie. I can hardly keep my eyes open on Friday nights anymore. Watching a movie for me means sleeping half way through it! Getting up at 5:30 all week long just finally catches up with me I guess. And by the way, don't bother getting Revolutionary Road. That is a very depressing and dark movie. I was NOT a fan!!

Saturday morning I got to do something I have been wanting to do for a while...I took a photography class! I have a Nikon D50 camera, but I always leave it on the automatic settings.


I have always wanted to learn what all those fancy settings were for and how to use them. A friend of mine from high school, Whitney Gray, is a professional photographer and she offers classes now. There were only five of us there and the thing I liked about it was that it wasn't technical. It was very simple and easy to understand. Her teaching is for women who just want to take good pictures of their kids and scrapbooks, etc. That was so much fun and I really want to practice using all the tips she gave us.

Saturday night Mark came home. He had gone to South Carolina to visit friends and came back through Charlotte on his way back to NC State. I made one of his favorites, King Ranch Chicken, and John and Ashley came over to share it with us. We hung out and talked for a long time and just had fun.

Yesterday was church then lunch at Chili's. And last night we had a Super Bowl party with our Sunday School class. I was so glad the Saints won! We had some yummy wings and lots of other "game food". And I think I spent about as much time talking and catching up with people as I did watching the game.


Watching Drew Brees holding his little boy after the game was one of my favorite parts. That was such a sweet moment!


And my favorite commercials were the ETrade commercials and the Doritos commercial. I thought those were cute! :)

Now it's already Monday again. I was so tired today. Got to get to bed early tonight so I will have a good day tomorrow!

6 comments:

Love Being a Nonny said...

Great post...I always LOVE what you post.

By the way, I was thinking about making the pork chop recipe. How was it? You didn't RAVE over it so now I am wondering if I should go to the trouble to make it.

petrii said...

I LOVED that picture as well!! So sweet!!!

My fam loves King Ranch Chicken too. How were the pork chops?

Have a Super day,
Dawn

Jacquie said...

I think the coverage of Brees and his little boy was my favorite, too! So sweet.

We got MORE snow... hope you have a great week.

Megan L Hutchings said...

When I saw the pic of Drew holding his son and crying, my heart melted. How sweet was that!!!

Heather said...

That picture of Brees and his son gets me everytime, so sweet! Glad you had a wonderful weekend. I have been wanting to take a photography class forever now, I am going to look for one in my area I think. OR, you could share the tips you learned on here! :)

Christal said...

love your posts!! yummy recipe I'll have to try it! and such a cute picture!! hope your having a great week!