Friday, February 26, 2010

Me Gusta Cancun! (I Love Cancun!)

Today we decided to have a day of total R & R. We didn't do much of anything all day except stay at the hotel. We got to sleep in this morning. Then we went down to a huge breakfast buffet which was sooo good. They had everything you could possibly think of including American breakfast food and Mexican breakfast food. You know I was loving that!! This lady was making omelets and we both got one.


Here is just part of the fruit table and let me just tell you that their strawberries and cream was one of the BEST things I have tasted lately!!


Yes, we both ate way too much, but we wanted to try the buffet at least once!




We are staying at the Fiesta Americana and Steve and I have both been so impressed with the customer service at this hotel. There are people waiting on you hand and foot here. There is no need that goes unmet and they are all so friendly! I feel like I'm at Chik-Fil-A because everyone always says, "My pleasure!" haha

After breakfast we headed to the pool and staked out our chairs and that is where we stayed for the rest of the day. I love doing that. Just sitting by the pool sleeping and reading magazines is one of the funnest ways to spend a day for me!






We even ate lunch by the pool. Since I had such a big breakfast, I just got this HUGE smoothie and it was delicious. It tasted like my favorite smoothie from Smoothie King...the light and fluffy (only fresher!)


Steve got some chips and salsa and quesadillas.

Tonight we went to an open air mall called La Isla and had walked around and window shopped and had dinner. We ate at an Italian resataurant called Italianna and it was soo good. On the way over there, we saw a store that sold these cute little Mexican dolls.


When I was little and my dad went to Viet Nam he sent me dolls like this from Thailand, Viet Nam, Japan, and Hawaii and I still have them today! If I still had little girls I would get one of these!

When we got back to our hotel, there were Mexican dancers like this performing!


We watched for a little while, but I didn't take any pictures.

Tomorrow is just another day in paradise! I will keep you updated. :)

6 comments:

Love Being a Nonny said...

If had to describe a perfect day, your day yesterday would be my second favorite....after a day with my little ones, of course!

WOW!!! The food, the rest, the sun...ahhhh!!! It is so cold here in NC right now. The wind makes the cold even worse! I pretended I was on a beach in Cancun while reading this!!

By the way, you guys DO NOT look old enough to have those kids of yours. Seriously...you could both be mistaken for 30 year olds!

Lana said...

Oh it looks SO beautiful there!! I loved the buffet breakfasts when my husband and I were in St. Lucia! It looks like yall are having a great and relaxing time! Your drink also looks delicious!

Alise Nettles said...

WOW! It is gorgeous there! I am so jealous of that warm weather! =) That is awesome that you guys are on this trip and I know you'll have an incredible time! =) Can't wait to see more pics!

Becky said...

I'm soooo jealous!!!! I LUV cancun!!! Our youngest daughter and SIL just got back last night from Cancun. Enjoy the rest of your time there and soak up some rays for me!!!!

Heather said...

after the year you have had (wedding planning, children to college) you deserve this vacation! looks like a dream to me :)

petrii said...

Betsy,
I could eat my weight in fruit. How yummy that looks!!! Your pics are so beautiful. I love the close up of you, so pretty.

Glad you are having such a good time. Looking forward to seeing more fun pics.

Have a Beautiful and Blessed day in the sun,
Dawn