Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Five

Well, those snow days we had were so nice and relaxing. And it was a good thing because it has been a crazy whirlwind ever since! First of all, we went back to school yesterday (even though there were still some icy patches on the road!) They have all melted now though and it was even really nice out today. Report cards go home tomorrow so I have been super busy trying to get those done. Writing comments on each child's report card takes me a long time because I spend a lot of time thinking about exactly what I want to say and how to say it. Report cards are a big deal! Remember how nervous or excited you used to be to get yours? Haha! It's still the same. :)




I've got five random things to share today...

1-I got some really good news today! Ashley won First Year Teacher Of The Year at her school! I was so proud of her! She works so hard and has a really difficult group of children. But she does an amazing job and she loves all her kids so much. Did I tell you that my mom (who is a retired school teacher) goes in every Tuesday and Thursday and spends the day pretty much being her assistant? Ashley doesn't have an assistant, so she is so happy to have her come help!


2-I am looking forward to this weekend! It was supposed to snow again, but now it looks like we are going to miss it. I am glad because I am hoping to get some Valentine"s Day shopping done! I love all that pink and red and chocolate and all the cute hearts and "love" stuff like these at Hostess With The Mostest...


What do you do special for your kids or husband for Valentine's Day??

3-We are having a little Super Bowl get together on Sunday night, too. We are doing the buffalo wings and drinks and everybody else is bringing an appetizer. I hope the Saints win! Are you doing anything for the Super Bowl? The commercials are actually one of my favorite parts! :)

Myspace Comments


4-Have you ever heard the song "These Are The Words I Would Say" by Sidewalk Prophets? Some songs just grab my heart everytime I hear them and this one does. I almost start crying when I hear it because it so accurately describes what I would say to my own children who I love so much! You should hear it when you visit my blog because I have it at the top of my playlist! Love that song!!

Be strong in the Lord
And never give up hope.
You're going to do great things,
I already know.
God's got His hand on you,
So don't live life in fear.
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say...



5-And, I just have to share something funny I heard about this week. Have you ever heard of RunPee.com? I had never heard of it before until this week. It is a website that you can go to that tells you all the places in a movie that are good for taking a bathroom break! haha Don't you hate it when you are watching a really good movie and you need to go?? Well, from now on you won't ever miss an exciting part of a movie again with the help of this website! So...that is my tip for the week. :)

11 comments:

  1. Ha! I have never heard of that website. How funny.

    I love that your Mom goes to help Ashley every week. What love. And how cool that she was awarded that - way to go, Ashley!

    I'm praying we don't have any more snow. Not sure we'll miss it, but I'm hoping so. I don't want to miss any Spring Break because we're making up days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Ashley! She seems like she is a great teacher! Like you! And Russell and I are hoping the Saints win also! That is so funny about that website! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy,
    Congratulations to Ashley!!! How terrific!! You must be so proud of her.

    That is too funny ~~ never heard of that web site.

    Sounds like you have a fun weekend coming up.

    Have a Blessed evening,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. runpee.com!! ha ha, that made me laugh and I needed a laugh today! Congrats to Ashley, she seems like such a jewel of a person! Valentine's day, that is coming up isn't it? I'll let you know when I figure it out!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Ashley! That is SO exciting! I bet she is a fantastic teacher!

    I know what you mean about it taking a long time to write comments on report cards...it seems to take me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Ashley :)! If she is anything like you, I know she is wonderful!!!

    What a hilarious website! The internet sure does make it available for people to do the oddest things...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting for Ashley!!

    If you watch the Super Bowl pre-game show... there's a story about a high school football player (Kymball Duffy) from our neighboring town that got killed on Sept. 11, 2009. They have a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to your daughter, Ashley. I know that is a great feeling. Love the background in the picture of your children....GO PIRATES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that song, too, and it makes me cry at that part every time!

    Congrats to Ashley. It sure doesn't surprise me that she won that award. She's just like her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to Ashley!!! What an awesome accomplishment! And, your mom is so precious to go and help her weekly.

    I have never heard of that site, but what a great idea!

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My five:

    1: Good for Ashley....wow! What an honor! I know you are so proud....and you SHOULD be!

    2:Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday....even though hubs says it's not a holiday!

    3:I love the super bowl commercials too! Trying to shed a few pounds so no special food this year!:(

    4:Love the song you posted...it's one of my favorites. I can tell that your children KNOW how much you love them!

    5: Runpee....hilarious!!!

    Have a wonderful weekend. I so love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)