Monday, February 22, 2010

Counting Down...

It's Monday again. Did you have a good weekend? Ours was absolutely gorgeous. It is so crazy that weekend before last it was SNOWING and this past weekend was just like spring!


I made Steve put the cushions back on the chairs on our porch just so we could sit outside for a little while. It made me so excited for spring to get here. I think everyone is feeling that way right about now. I am even starting to shop around online for Easter dresses! But I have heard that we may be in for some more winter weather before we ever really make it to spring!

This weekend was very laid back and I loved it. I got my hair colored...and not a minute too soon. We had dinner at Carraba's on Saturday night to celebrate my aunt's birthday. We watched lots of Olympics and even took a nap or two! Not alot of excitement really. But we are on the countdown to Cancun!


We leave this Thursday. I can't wait to be sitting in the sunshine and walking on a white sandy beach and eating lots of yummy Mexican food! I have sooo much to do between now and then but it will all be worth it.

Before I do and try to get all my schoolwork and laundry done, I wanted to share a really good recipe that I tried last night. I found it on my friend Sophia's blog and I loved it. It's quick and easy and that is what I am all about these days! haha


Italian Chicken

Chicken breasts or tenders

1 large sour cream (You could use the low-fat or no-fat kind, I'm sure.)
2 packages italian dressing mix
1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1 box Ritz crackers
1 stick of butter, melted

Wash the chicken breasts. Mix sour cream and italian dressing mix. Dip each breast into the sour cream mix and then roll into crushed Ritz crackers. Pour or gently brush the melted butter over the chicken breasts. Bake in a buttered baking dish at 350° over for the first half hour. Then, uncover and continue to bake for another half hour. Enjoy!


I hope your week is off to a GREAT start!!

10 comments:

Lana said...

It was beautiful here, too! I also cannot wait for spring! We love eating at Carraba's! I love their Italian salad. Cancun this week...wow! I bet you are SO excited!! I am a little jealous!

Becky said...

Have fun in Cancun!!! My youngest daughter and her hubby are there this week!!!!

Heather said...

That recipe looks yummy, definitely going to write that down and make it soon! Would you believe they are calling for snow in Houston tomorrow and Wednesday, it isn't going to happen but some really think it will! I can not wait to hear about Cancun and see the pics!! I hope you guys have a ball!

Lesli said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe, I will definitely be trying that SOON! Have a great time on vacation. I am sooo jealous! Cant wait to see all of the beautiful pictures!

petrii said...

Betsy,
How fun!!! Have a great time in Cancun and relax with your sweetie!!

That recipe looks yummy.

Have a Super Blessed week,
Dawn

Lisa said...

I am going to try that recipe! Sounds great.

Cannot wait to hear about Cancun! Sunshine sounds so good right now.

Thank you for all of the prayers and support you have sent my way. I don't think you will ever know just how much strength and courage I have gained for them.

Have fun!

Love Being a Nonny said...

Wow Betsy! Just a few more days until your Cancun trip. And did I see your name on the list to go see Beth Moore? Fun times!!

Have a great trip...relax...take lots of pictures....!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

You are going to have so much fun! My parents just got back from those same beaches and soaked up the rays :)!

Thanks for sharing that delicious recipe!

Nancy said...

I will try this recipe for sure - it sounds delicious. Have so much fun in Mexico - you picked a great time to go!!

The Tablescaper said...

This looks de-lish!

- The Tablescaper