Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside

Last night was a rough night. For some reason I had the hardest time sleeping. I kept waking up all night and hearing things. Turns out it was the WIND! It was blowing so hard all night long and it kept blowing our porch's screen door open and then it would slam shut. One time I woke up and thought someone was in our house downstairs! I'm hoping for a better night tonight!

All day today the wind just continued and it was extremely cold. I couldn't take my class out to play and my hair was flying all over the place and my hands and nose were like ice! I tried to do some Valentines shopping this afternoon after school and I was a popsicle. haha But then Laura texted me and said it was 16 degrees (with a wind chill of 0!) and snowing with wind gusts up to 70 miles an hour up in Boone today. That is considered blizzard conditions! Classes were cancelled because there was no way anyone could walk to class in that!

Here are some pictures she took (I think she actually took them yesterday though)....




So...it's been fun winter!! But I am about ready for spring now! How about you??

7 comments:

  1. So ready for Spring!!! Yes!!! It's cold and rainy here but only like 36 degrees where it won't turn to snow. Stink! Why can't it just fall 4 or 6 more degrees and we get snow? I hope you got some sleep last night, I hate nights like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about you this morning. My parents are on a plane to Jamaica as we speak :)!

    DEFINITELY READY FOR FLIP FLOPS AND SUN DRESSES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so ready for spring crazy weather you all are having!! Just think how awesome your trip will be soon!! It is cold! cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so ready for Spring, too! I can't wait to wear flip flops! It's been cold here in SC, too! We had a field trip this week (outdoors) and we froze!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl! I love me some snow and I REALLY love me some snow days, but I admit... I am really looking forward to spring!!! :-) Flipflops anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been a LONG winter, hasn't it? Hope you got some better sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)