Saturday, February 27, 2010

Adventure

This post has tons of pictures, so I will prepare you upfront...haha!

I think I am still on Charlotte time. I have been getting sleepy really early and waking up really early too! What on earth? I'm on VACATION! haha We woke up to the most gorgeous day today. The sun was shining and the sky was clear blue. I opened the curtains to our room and looked out and saw this view...


We went down to breakfast and this time we just got the fruit and pastries.


Look at this beautiful fruit plate!


Just eating breakfast outside in the warm air is enough to make my day. We went to the pool and beach and thought about hanging out there again today because we love it so much.







But we decided to have a little adventure instead and try some things that there are to do near Cancun. We heard that this place called XCaret was really fun and it wasn't too far, so that sounded good.


And I have the best husband in the world. In less than an hour he had rented us a car and researched how to get the best prices for everything and figured out how to get there...so we were off! We both felt a little weird driving a car in Mexico. All the signs are in Spanish and we were hoping we wouldn't get lost!

I wasn't sure what to expect once we got there. I thought maybe it would be like a cheaper version of Disney World or something? But it was very nice!!

This place was huge and it had so many fun things to do. We saw all kinds of animals like gigantic sea turtles, dolphins, and parrots...


We saw ancient Mayan ruins...


There was a beach where you could snorkel. We have snorkeled in Cancun before and the fish are amazing. But we didn't do it this time.




We stopped here and got some ice cream!


We went on a riverboat tour through a "jungle". That was so pretty and relaxing. Silence was required on the boat and it was very quiet and peaceful.


We even saw a Mexican horse show and listened to a mariachi band. I just love all the colorful dresses they wear! Everything is so bright and pretty.






Here I am with a member of the band! haha


For dinner we had tickets to a dinner show about the history of Mexico. It was two hours long and started with the Mayans and went through the Spanish invasion and all the way up to today. That show was so good. The music and costumes were wonderful and very entertaining!


And our food was delicious. We got steak and shrimp. Here is Steve's yummy dessert...


We had such a fun time! It was fun doing something a little different. If you are ever in the Cancun area, I would definitely recommend XCaret!

5 comments:

Christal said...

oh my gosh what a beautiful view and you are beautiful love the picture of you standing in the water what a perfect vacation picture!! I'm so glad you guys are having so much fun I love reading about it as you do it!! Looks like a blast!!

John said...

Wow! That looks so fun! You got a little taste of everything! See you Monday! Love you!
-Ashley

Love Being a Nonny said...

These pics are great!! I know you want to stay longer! Tell me, are those blue towels really rolled like that?

Heather said...

All I can say is I wish I would have been in Cancun with you!! It looks simply beautiful! The pics are great and Betsy, you are one hot mama! Sounds like a perfect getaway!

Faith said...

Looks like SUCH an amazing trip! I've loved looking at all of your pics. So glad y'all had a great time away!!