Sunday, February 28, 2010

Adios Mexico!

Today was our last day here and I am so sad. I tried to be "in the moment" all day and not think about going back to the reality of cold weather and responsibility tomorrow! It was fun being carefree for a few days! :

Even though we had a great time today, it doesn't make for a very exciting post. haha Sometimes the funnest days are boring to talk about. :)

Ashley asked me what we did today and I said, "Welllll...we were lazy all day and hung out by the pool eating chips and salsa and fajitas!" Here I am with my favorite thing...an ice cold coke! They put limes in everything here! :)






It was another gorgeous day and I feel so blessed that we have been able to get away and enjoy all this sun and beauty. I know it won't be long before the sun is nice and warm in Charlotte again!

Tonight we went to dinner at a little place called Calypso's. Here we are right before we left the hotel. (Those flowers behind us are real and they have huge arrangements of them everywhere in the hotel lobby!)


Calypso's was a tiny hole in the wall that we would have never stepped foot into if we hadn't seen it on trip advisor.com. We got seafood and it was really good. The owner was so friendly and made us feel very welcome. They had good American music playing and homemade salsa and guacamole. It was fun.


Tonight we are just hanging out and watching American movies with Spanish subtitles and packing up to leave tomorrow.

Adios Mexico!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks like y'all have had a blast! I am so glad you got to go! It is beautiful!

Kelly said...

Oh I'm soooo jealous but so happy for you!

Kellie DeLange said...

It looks like you guys have had a much needed relaxing vacation. I will admit, I'm quite jealous!!

Heather said...

I am so happy for you that you got to go! Your so cute, hope you have safe travels!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Loved reading about your Cancun adventure. I am so glad you were able to get away, enjoy the sunshine, and celebrate your lives :)!

Jacquie said...

I loved reading about your trip!! What a fun time with your hubby.

I had to laugh at your Tweets last night about SNOW!!!

Love Being a Nonny said...

Hope you have rested up....you came home to a little snow!!! I enjoyed seeing your pictures and it seemed like such a relaxing trip. I know after the wedding, you needed that!!

Kari said...

Betsy! I'm so glad you're my first follower! It looks like y'all had such a great time in Mexico! I'm so jelous!!