Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday

I can't believe how different the weather can be within a 24 hour period! Seriously...yesterday it was almost summer-like. The sun was shining, everyone was out having fun and I told all my kids to go home and play outside! It was just gorgeous. Today, on the other hand, it is freeeeeezing and rainy. This is the kind of day where all you want to do is put on some fuzzy slippers and sit by the fire eating comfort food. Look who always has to jump up in my lap when I'm relaxing in my fuzzy slippers!


Today was our planning day at school. We have volunteers come sub for us in our classrooms and our second grade team spends the day planning together. It is such a nice day. And one of our moms brought us homemade chicken pot pie for lunch!


(That's perfect comfort food, right??) So nice!!

I am excited because I signed up today to take a photography class. I have been wanting to do that for a while and it was on my list of things I wanted to accomplish this year. One of my friends from high school, Whitney Gray, is an amazing photographer and she is offering classes, so I can't wait! I love my camera, but I never use all the features on it, so hopefully now I will figure out what they are all for!

Another thing that I am doing really soon is getting my archived blog posts made into a book! I am really excited about doing this and I found this site to help me. Do any of you have your blog made into a book? I used to love to scrapbook, but this is lots quicker and easier.

Did I tell you that Steve and I bought tickets to see James Taylor and Carole King? They are coming to Charlotte in June. I love both of them. Hearing their music just takes me back to my high school years. I have always thought they were both so talented and I think my blood pressure drops several notches when I listen to them! I am looking forward to that!


And I have to tell you one crazy story from school today. I told you it was planning day? Well, the teacher next door to me, Sarah, had a child take a pair of scissors while she was gone and cut a huge bald spot on the top of his head! They had to call his mom to come pick him up. I told Sarah that he would probably come to school tomorrow with a buzz cut. Sarah said, "No, he will probably come to school tomorrow BALD because he cut his hair all the way to his scalp!"


Kids do the craziest things!!! :)

11 comments:

Meredith said...

I like James Taylor! My sister and I used to just sing along to all his songs! About the boy cutting his hair-WOW! And you are right, kids do the darndest things!

Melissa said...

The planning day you are talking about sounds amazing! We have planning hours, but not full days!

Jeremy, Holly, and Haven said...

I used sharedbook just a few weeks ago to get my blog book. It was super easy and turned out great. I didn't go through every single page to proofread before I ordered it. My husband did find a few weird errors in it when it came in the mail. Like, a clipart missing or weird letters out in the middle of a page. So you might want to proof every page just to catch anything weird, unless you are like me and just wanted to get it done.

mitchjkaufman said...

No pains, no gains..........................

Megan L Hutchings said...

I think it is so nice that your school does that for you!

Our family loves James Taylor!!! I need to check if they are coming here b/c my mom would love that.

petrii said...

Betsy,
How fun James Taylor and Carole King. Ya'll are gonna love that!!!

WOW now that is a hair cut.

Have a Blessed weekend,
Dawn

Love Being a Nonny said...

My daughter in law gave me one year of my blog in print for Christmas this past year! I love it! She used SharedBook. It turned out great....one of my favorite gifts ever!!

Lana said...

That's neat you get a day of planning! That would be great! Our weather here in SC has done a 180 too...it was almost 70 earlier this week and is cold now! I am ready for warmer weather!

Lisa said...

I wish I lived close enough to take the photography class too. I really would love to be able to use everything on my camera. You'll have to post about the things you learn.

Meagan said...

Hey beautiful! I have MISSED your blog... I have been so behind on updating my own and reading everyones! The weather here as been crazy too! Running the heaterin the car one minute and the air conditioner the next! Today is dreary and cold with the occasional snow flurry! :-) "Planning day" sounds wonderful! Wish I could get seomthing that like! lol.

I can't wait to hear all about your photography class! I would LOVE to take classes, but they are so expensive! That's a long term goal for me!! :-)

sanjeet said...

We have planning hours, but not full days!

Work from home India