Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day

Today was a completely lazy day. This is crazy, but I don't think I've ever stayed in my pajamas all day unless I was sick. But I did today! And it was FUN. :)

We slept in this morning (hallelujah!!) Here is what our deck looked like when we woke up...


Today I caught up on reading everyone's blog which I was happy about. We watched some TV movies and played some games. I beat Steve in Trouble AND Scrabble!


I made some cookies too! Mmmmm...oatmeal raisin with a big glass of milk. :)



I also got on the treadmill and Steve did his P90X. We are still trying to work off The Melting Pot (and the oatmeal cookies)! haha

Tonight we went over to our next door neighbors' house. Our neighbors who live two doors down came, too. I took some of the soup we still had plus I made fajitas and homemade guacomole. Everybody brought something yummy and it was all great!

After dinner we played the Wii. Candy and Skip won the Wii bowling tournament, so we gave them a trophy just for fun!


Steve has been dying to go sledding all day, so we did it tonight. That was really fun. The whole street was one big sheet of thick ice and we were going so fast!! We even had races. Here I am with my sweet neighbors, Candy and Carol. We were doing our Charlie's Angels pose and just being silly.


After we went sledding, we put on some dry warm clothes and played Mexican Train Dominoes and had some hot chocolate.

It was a really fun day today. I am all cozy in my warm house now and about to watch Miss America that I TiVo'd earlier. I just learned tonight that Gretchen Carlson from Fox News was Miss America 1989. I didn't know that!! I watch her every morning! :)


You know what I was thinking today? That even though there is all this snow on the ground right now, do you know what we are going to see before long?? Daffodils!


They are always the first flowers to come up in February. And as fun as snow days are, I can't wait for spring! :)

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a wonderful day and fun night. It's good to have great neighbors!

Stay Warm!

Love Being a Nonny said...

We are having a fun weekend too! We played Phase 10 last night. I love that card game. Do yall play that one?

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

Ohhh, I love scrabble, but alas, my hubby does not!! So, it just sits in the closet!

~Beth

Somethings Gotta Give said...

Love the idea of the trophy for the Wii tournament. I am going to begin that tradition in our home soon.

Happy Sunday!!!

Lana said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I love days where I stay in my pj's! Those are the best!

Jacquie said...

Y'all have more fun by accident than most people do on purpose!

We got a foot of snow and I'm thinking my little car won't be getting out of the driveway any time soon. :(

Laura said...

Hi Betsy! Looks like you and your friends know how to have a good time...indoors AND out!

I live in Monroe....It's about 4 hours north of Baton Rouge! So nice to meet a fellow Louisiana belle!

Have a great weekend!

Kelley said...

It looks like you all had a lot of fun. We had almost a foot of snow where I live in Arkansas. It is thawing out today. Hope you have a great rest of your weekend.

Heather said...

Love the snow you got, I was missing being in TN with all my friends back home playing in it! The cookies look yummy, and I have still never been to the Melting Pot. Love Daffodils, I am ready for spring too!

Leigh Ann said...

Yay for snow days!!!

Lesli said...

Hi, there, I just found your blog through Heathers and wanted to say hello...Wow, I want to live in YOUR neighborhood..lol. That looks like soo much fun!!...love it!! And seriously, can your family be more GORGEOUS!!! Hope you are having a great week!

Lesli