Monday, January 4, 2010

Reality

So, did anyone else find it hard to get back to reality today? Christmas break was so wonderful. I enjoyed every minute of it. Yesterday I was getting a little sad that it was all coming to an end. But today wasn't all that bad!


It was soooo cold here today. When I woke up this morning, I turned on the TV and this is what the weatherman said we could expect today...


I am so thankful for a garage on mornings like this!

I got my coffee brewing and that helped get me going. Do you see what time it is on the coffee maker??


It is not right to be up this early! Haha...

I really had to get dressed today, too. No ponytail or jeans or comfy sweats. I did get to wear a few new things I got over Christmas though and Steve bought me a really warm coat so that helped keep me nice and cozy!!

At school, my kids were so cute. They were telling me all about their Christmas toys and what they did over break. And they are so joyful. That is one of the things I love about teaching...just their innocence and love of life! It was too cold to go outside, so we had indoor recess. Some of the girls drew this picture on dry erase boards and they wanted me to take a picture with it. So funny!


I made lasagne yesterday so it would be ready to pop in the oven when I got home. I love when I can get a little bit ahead like that! :)

And this afternoon I got on the treadmill and tried to start making my New Years Resolutions a reality. Now if I can get in some Bible reading and also have time to read my book before I go to bed, I will be happy.

I think the Bachelor is starting tonight too.


Sometimes it's fun to watch mindless TV, right? I think I'll TiVo it and maybe watch it this weekend. And I have never watched The Biggest Loser before, but everyone loves it so much, I thought I would try it this season. I think it starts tomorrow night.

Does anyone watch either of these shows??

Hope your week is off to a good start!!

7 comments:

Heather said...

I told Matt this morning, after he let me sleep in until 10, that I was going to have an awful time trying to get up on Wednesday when the kids have to go back to school. glad you had a great day at school friend!

Taylor said...

I found your blog on Kelly's Korner not too long ago! Yes, I watch The Bachelor, and actually am watching it right now...Love it. I had to go back to work today too...hated getting out in the cold weather, but glad to have a job to go to!

Jacquie said...

We are having FRIGID temps here, too!! We are looking at highs in the teens this week... that's cold for Arkansas. Oh, and more snow is expected on Wed/Thurs.

I always watch The Biggest Loser, even though I don't like the way they go about some of it. And I'm unsure about the Bachelor this season. I think Jake is probably a really nice guy, but he's just almost too cheesy or something for me. Maybe he'll grow on me.

Glad your first day back was a blessing!

Whitney said...

Love the Bachelor and love Jake! Tonight on the show he said GOD was his first priority, then family, then friends! What a great guy! I went back today too... I'm a school counselor but I only work Mondays and Wednesdays so it's not too bad... I actually looked forward to it!

Rathi said...

I watch both, they have a way of sucking you in, but you will get hooked to Biggest Loser!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Hi Betsy...

Yes, I watch the Bachelor, but it is definitely poor quality stuff. I get sucked in so easily though!

And hey, this weekend I was searching for one of my older Bibles and found all my old bible reading plans I've saved over the years. I HAVE NOT READ THRU IT TWICE like I told you. One year I made it through November 30 and one year I made it to mid-October but that's the closest I've come. So sorry to mislead you...I guess I made it that far and figured I'd finished but I haven't!!! It's my goal once again this year.

prashant said...

glad you had a great day at school friend!

Work from home India