Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pride and Humility

I have been thinking about Haiti all day today.


I know I'm not alone. I have to say that one of the things I love about the blogging world is the way people come together to help those in need through prayer and giving. Today there have been so many great tweets and blogs listing sites where we can give back a little of what we are so blessed with to help others. And I am so proud that I live in a country that is founded on Christian beliefs. We rush to the aid of our world neighbors if there is ever a need. I am proud and humbled all at the same time.

I just can't get over the devastation that has taken place! It has reminded me so much of Hurricane Katrina...only worse!

Here are a few of the sites I that I thought were great ways to help out...

American Red Cross
Compassion International


Samaritan's Purse

And Kelly has said she and Scott will donate a dollar for everyone who donates somehow to Haiti relief. Go to Kelly's Korner to participate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another topic...I think I told you I was going to be trying different recipes in my Pioneer Woman Cookbook?? Well, I thought it would be fitting to try Penne a la Betsy first. haha It was de-licious! I loved it and I would definitely recommend it.


I didn't get to watch Julie and Julia last night after all. I got so many phone calls that I had to stop it. But I AM watching it tonight!! No matter what. :) I know it's about cooking and blogging, so I should relate.

Want some good news?? Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!

9 comments:

Meredith said...

I donated to the Red Cross yesterday. It is soo sad to know what they are all going through. We are praying so much for them. About Pioneer Woman, I love that cookbook! It is wonderful! Also, oh I sooo recommend Julie and Julia! It is one of my very favorite movies. Must see for you since you enjoy cooking and blogging! :)

Heather said...

ooh penne a la betsy is one recipe I am dying to try! I made her chicken pot pie a few weeks ago...it was AMAZING! I highly recommend it.

Vonda said...

I love your blog! I have also been trying some Pioneer Woman recipes. So far I have not been disappointed. I have tried the olive cheese bread, the chicken spaghetti and the cinnamon rolls. The cinnamon rolls were a little time consuming, but totally worth the effort!

Love Being a Nonny said...

I really want to try the cinnamon rolls.......... I gave the cookbook as gifts at Christmas but didn't get myself one.

Lana said...

I agree...it is so sad to see the devastation in Haiti.

I need to try that cookbook! That penne looks delicious!!

Christal said...

That recipe looks so good I so want that recipe book!! And I agree I love the blogging world for the reason too how everybody comes together. Its so sad to see the pictures and feel so bad to have all I do when so many are suffering. Life is crazy sometimes.

Jacquie said...

Haiti has been heavy on my heart, too. I can't imagine. And then I feel a sense of guilt because (even though I've been sick) things are so "normal" here.

That PW recipe looks SCRUMPTIOUS!!

Meagan said...

GIRL! I got the Pioneer Woman's cookbook for Christmas! There is an olive bread reciep in there - OH SO GOOD. And I have done her Maccaroni and Cheese and it's good too! LOVE. IT.

And Jules and Julia? Right up my alley! LOL!!! Also.... LOVE. IT! Ha!!! ;-)

Let me know as you try more recipes from the book... I can't wait to try more myself!

Heather said...

My heart hurts for those in Haiti and so wish I could do more than just giving money. In some ways, it seems like so little, but I know anything helps. My prayers are with them, thanks for the links.

That dish looks delish!! I need to get her cookbook!