Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK Day

Life's most persistent and urgent question is, "What are you doing for others?" -Martin Luther King, Jr.


I've been teaching my class about Martin Luther King this past week at school. I am thankful for a man who made the world a better place! I loved this quote by him when I saw it today.

I am thankful, too, that we got his birthday off! The day turned out so pretty.
The sun was shining and it was warm. It didn't even feel like winter any more. I have a feeling this won't last long, so I wanted to make the most of the day.

Ashley and I went to lunch at Panera Bread.


We were talking about how we never get to eat lunch out. We both eat in the cafeteria or the teacher's lounge every day and I think I truly only have about 15 minutes to eat. I am not a fast eater, so I am always rushing. It was nice to relax and have a leisurely lunch.

Lindy stopped back through on her way back to ECU. She visited Laura this weekend and she and her friends made a pit stop in Charlotte. I made her some homemade soup to take back with her. Then I gave her a big hug and waved goodbye to her driving off in her little blue car with her friends. :(

This afternoon Steve came home to see her for a few minutes and since he was home, we decided to go on a walk. It seems like it has been so long since I have gotten to walk outside. It was so nice.

I had been meaning to get some school work done over the weekend, but there was so much going on here that I never got around to it so I am trying to catch up a little bit tonight.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Lana said...

I know exactly what you mean about having to eat a quick lunch in the cafeteria! Me too!