Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Felt Like A Monday

Today was a Tuesday, but it felt like a Monday.


Oh my goodness...my class was super talkative today! We had several interruptions like an H1N1 clinic and a few other things and it all added up to a crazy day.

This is the kind of day it was....

First of all, I tell my class that their pencils should always be long enough for them to hold in their fist and stick into the pencil sharpener. If it is any shorter, it needs to be thrown away. Besides getting stuck in the sharpener, you can't write with a tiny pencil! Well, as I'm cleaning up the room at the end of the day, this is what I found on the floor.


Can you believe that?? I had to laugh though. Somebody worked hard to get it that tiny.

In my class we also have "Unfinished Work" folders. If a child has work they haven't gotten done, they are supposed to put it in this folder. Any time we have free time they are supposed to get it out and work on it.

Anyway...today I reminded the class several times to make sure they got everything in their "Unfinished Work" folder done. One little boy was over in the reading center so I asked him if he was done with everything. He assured me that he was! I even asked to see his folder and sure enough, it was empty. So I assumed he didn't have any work to do.

After school was over, I just so happened to look in his desk and oh.my.word. THIS is what I pulled out....


No wonder he didn't have anything in his folder!! It was all just stuffed in his desk! I think you get the idea of the kind of day it was! haha

Tomorrow is Picture Day. They will all come to school dressed really cute and I will want to hug them all.

On another note, here are a few other things I was thinking about today...

1-These are my new favorite things...


I love them! Have you ever tried them? You can just keep them in your purse and brush your teeth anywhere!

2-Laura is taking snowboarding this semester! She is going to school up there in the mountains where there are lots of ski resorts, so she thought she should learn how to join in the fun. Tonight is her first class. Ya'll please pray that she doesn't hurt or kill herself! She's never even skiied before (except one time!) Snowboarding is HARD!



3-At church on Sunday, one of my friends had on a really cute hand-stamped silver necklace with her kids' names on it. Everyone was admiring it and wondering where she got it. She said she got it at a Stella and Dot party. But then today I saw these really cute necklaces on Little Birdie Secrets.


They came from The Vintage Pearl. In fact, The Vintage Pearl is doing a give-away for them! Check it out if you're interested! :)

4-I got Steve P90X for Christmas. He has been doing it everyday and is doing so good. He is dedicated! Me...I'm just trying to go walking or get on the treadmill several times a week!



How are your New Year's Resolutions coming along??

11 comments:

Jilly said...

I am laughing about the pencil! One of the teachers at my former school had a pencil just like that taped to her door with a sign that read, "If your pencil looks like this, you need a new pencil!"

Whitney said...

Oh' I remember those days and those students with those messy desks! I think they either have the clean gene or they don't. Some of them, bless their hearts, they can't keep their desks clean for the life of them! Being the neat freak I am, it drove me crazy! :)

Holly said...

That pencil kills me! ha! I totally want to try one of those wisps!

My hubs is wanting to get P90x too! I tried the ab ripper, I was sore for 3 days! ;)

Christal said...

Love the pencil~! that is funny and oh my word the paper in his desk wow! I'd hate to see his room! I haven't heard of the wisps! Probably won't even get them up here for 10 more years ha ha! I want one! Fun stuff I got that song on my playlist by the sidewalk prophets great message!!! Thanks for sharing you are the best!!

Lisa said...

That little pencil reminds me of my youngest daughter. She has a bag of those in her room. A few years ago, that was what she used in school and she insisted on collecting them. She did work very hard to get her pencils that small. It makes me laugh. It is the "little" things in life that mean the most!

I really love the necklaces. They are so pretty.

Faith said...

I am in love with all of that jewelry! I have a necklace from Lisa Leonard, but I want more!

Have a terrific Thursday!

petrii said...

Betsy,
That pencil cracks me up. So cute!! And that desk, oh my!!!

I LOVE the Wisps. So easy to brush your teeth anywhere and their not expensive. GREAT!!!

Have a Blessed day friend,
Dawn

Megan L Hutchings said...

Picture day was always my favorite at school. One year I demanded that my mom let me wear my girl scout uniform...LOL!

How cool that Laura's school offers snowboarding!

Love Being a Nonny said...

That desk stuffed full reminds me of one of my boys when he was younger! Pretty ingenious!! (Or sneaky!)

My daughter took ice skating in college! Those are the days!

Andrea said...

I love those necklaces. I got one about two Christmases ago with my 3 kids names on little silver discs. I really love the font though on those! Sooo cute! Love your blog! :)

Heather said...

oh that tiny pencil is cracking me up! I love that jewelry that you showed, it's so pretty. I am wanting one similar to that with my kids initials on it. Hope you are having a great week!